PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familar with PX3 Lubricants Gear Oil?

basicmods
07-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Hello. I'm swapping my transmission to a manual this weekend and was out looking for manual tranny oil today. I've read dozens of threads on the subject, and had decided to put the Amsoil MTF in. However, no one seems to carry it, and it wouldn't be here in time.

Anyway, while I was out looking, I came across some PX3 gear oil ( web site here - - (http://www.px3lubricants.com/Products/index.cgi/SyntheticGearOil) ). It is gl4 compatible, and says it's a full synthetic. Howver, I've never heard of this stuff, and I asked the 3 guys working at O'reillys and they had not heard anything about it either.

So I thought I would hit up the many minds here to see what you have heard about it? It's a bit cheaper than amsoil ($10 a quart, compared to $13 - but price doesn't bother me) but has the real advantage of being locally availible. What I plan on doing now is putting coastal gear oil in ( the only type I could find that is GL-4 ) and then changing it later when I can get some amsoil. If this PX3 will work and be a good gear oil, then I will just get that, and do it right the first time.

So - any opinions?