PDA

View Full Version : eBay SR wiring services / where did you get your SR wiring done?

s14kozenki
07-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Hey all just wanted some input on wiring services. Anyone with an sr20det swap : where did you get your wiring done? and for how much? This guy on ebay (seller name damesta) is selling wiring services for pretty cheap (i am putting an s13 sr into my s14). Some feeback claims plug and play, with no negative feedback in sight...

Has anyone had their wiring done by this guy? Or anyone know of anyone local to southern california who can do wiring? There ARE some local people who claim they can do it and have done it before that i know of, but some of em are kinda shady if ya know what i mean.... ghetto-rigging stuff is practically their specialty..

I am just looking for a plug-and-play harness modification, as I already have both a spare SR and KA engine harnesses.

any input would be greatly appreciated!
kevin

Homer_Simpson
07-13-2009, 03:08 PM
You're in SoCal, there should be a bunch of local guys that can wire up your car nicely. I think GSXRJordan (sorry if I misspelled your handle), does wiring jobs.

I did the wiring myself, all the information are out there. There's even info on how to wire in AC for your specific swap. Check Omikron's blog.

V8slayr
07-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Myself and a couple of my friends w/ swaps have had their harnesses done by Taylor Durdan on NICO. He runs Durdan Perfab in Florida I believe and does the best job I have seen yet on a wiring harness. I had mine done 3 years ago by wiring specialties (Redtop SR into S14) and had it redone by Durdan a few months ago only to clean it up. It looked like shit before and after I got it back it looks great. Get on NICO and look him up.

onehundredoctane
07-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I did some wiring for a friend, his girl was putting an S14 SR into an S13, there is a good write up that I used to do all the wiring for him, I used this link ------>JDM Zenki S14 SR20DET swap into a DOHC S13 - Mestiso.net Nor-Cal Streets Forum (http://www.mestiso.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=428)

YOU can do it yourself, just follow the directions.

s14kozenki
07-14-2009, 04:52 PM
thanks for the info and guidance everyone. I know I am mentally capable of doing it myself, but for the first swap I want to have it done professionally (or by someone who knows what they are doing/has done it before). Will check out the people you guys mentioned.

anyone else know any shops preferably in socal that can do it?
kevin

bardabe
07-14-2009, 05:21 PM
where in SoCal are you? I can take care of the wiring in a couple hours. I'm Located in the 951 I;ve fixed countless ghetto rigged wiring jobs as you may already know

s14kozenki
07-15-2009, 01:23 AM
awesome PM'd you bardabe.

-- so has anyone had an exierience with or know someone who has had their wiring done by eBay seller damesta?
thanks all!
kevin

onehundredoctane
07-16-2009, 05:04 AM
I'm telling you man, wiring isn't as hard as you think it is!

g6civcx
07-16-2009, 06:38 AM
I do wiring myself. I'm not the best, but I know I put in a lot more time than anybody else. Usually I can do a whole SR swap harness in about a weekend, but the way I do it involves removing every single wire that is no longer needed to make the new engine run.

Good luck.

TTrx7Pete
07-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Did my S14SR in 97 S14 myself. Its just time consuming but you'll be happier you did it yourself if something ever breaks. I created a thread, search my username..

s14kozenki
07-17-2009, 12:10 AM
thanks for the great help all. I am more and more leaning towards wiring myself, we'll see how it goes!
kevin

onehundredoctane
07-18-2009, 01:01 PM
I do wiring myself. I'm not the best, but I know I put in a lot more time than anybody else. Usually I can do a whole SR swap harness in about a weekend, but the way I do it involves removing every single wire that is no longer needed to make the new engine run.

That's the only right way to do it, no one wants a few plugs hanging in there that serve no purpose, esp these kids that post these threads "help!! C@n't figure out where plug goes". LAWLZ.

jevus
03-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Hey waz up, im in the lax area. Could u do my wiring and how much. I just droped in my redtop but now i need the harness customized to fit my s13. Can u help. Hit me up

g-via
03-11-2010, 05:42 PM

Good luck.

Come re-wire my SR :naughtyd:

Sileighty_85
03-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Wiring Specialties Replacement Harnesses (http://www.wiringspecialties.com/wsrehasrandr.html)
For your set up your in luck^^