PDA

View Full Version : anoder sr swap fuel pump not working

wangan_cruiser
07-10-2009, 01:59 PM
i finished my swap and ready to fire her up.

but i cranked it didnt start.

then i checked the fuel lines first if im getting fuel. no pressure. no fuel when i pulled the hoses.

so i went back to the inside and turn the ign key on to listen if the fuel pump is priming. no response

double checked the harness i cut and splice located from the side of the battery.

i spliced them one by one carefully so i wont mixed things up.

then double checked the clip from the back where the fuel pump is connect for voltage and it has one.

now im stumped and dont know where to look.

anyone can help me?

johngriff
07-10-2009, 02:01 PM
ECCS relay circuit, or ecu.

wangan_cruiser
07-10-2009, 02:07 PM
i just checked the relay for voltage and pull ing 12 v

then i double checked the relay if its till good and it works.

then when i turn the ign key i double checked the ecu to see if it flashes.

no flash at all. it should flash the light right?

johngriff
07-10-2009, 02:10 PM
S13? Yes. Manually force the relay over by grounding the eccs pin, should force the fuel pump on.

wangan_cruiser
07-10-2009, 02:11 PM
cant tell which is the eccs pin.

ive doing my research since yesterday to figure out which lines and pin out.

wangan_cruiser
07-10-2009, 02:50 PM
bump anyone?

KiLLeR2001
07-10-2009, 11:51 PM
On the S13 fuse box the EGI label is the relay for the ECU, and the EGI Pump is the relay for the fuel pump. If you're sure your relays are fine then it more than likely could be your ECU or an error in the harness job.

Just last month my ECU completely died on me. Initially I thought my fuel pump was toasted so I immediately bought another and installed it to no avail. I decided to pop in my friend's known working ECU and sure enough all my problems were solved. If you have a friend who will lend you a working ECU you can go from there.

wangan_cruiser
07-11-2009, 02:13 AM
i just fixed the issue just now.

thanks for johngriff and russ.

StevenMFQiu
07-11-2009, 10:43 PM
what was the problem and what did u do to fix it? i have a similiar problem right now