PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! UPdate

PhoebusApollo
04-13-2003, 09:33 AM
If you weren't around when I posted this before, I got into a car accident and the insurrance co. decided that they'd like to total the car and give me 9300 for it... or I could keep it and get it fixed and they'd give me 8300. They said the frame was bent... I took it to a nissan dealership and they said the frame looks fine... it was a 5MPH accident. sooooo :-P

I'm just about to order a new FibreGlass bumper, hood, and JDM lights, a used core and core support, and .... an RB25DET clip(yeah!) If anyone has any insight into where I should look to get a good price... I did find this place(http://www.venus-auto.com/) in sacramento for the clip... I called them Friday and they have a couple in, in great condition. And I found another source (private I think) for $3300. Anyway, any insight would be appreciated.

Jeff240sx
04-13-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by PhoebusApollo
If you weren't around when I posted this before, I got into a car accident and the insurrance co. decided that they'd like to total the car and give me 9300 for it... or I could keep it and get it fixed and they'd give me 8300.

Yea. They'll give you 8300, the car, and a nice little sticker that says "salvage" on it. You need to think about arguing with your insurance company about them calling it a total loss if the dealership says it's fine. And it couldn't cost $8k for a 5mph accident.
-Jeff

fleaf
04-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Jeff240sx
Yea. They'll give you 8300, the car, and a nice little sticker that says "salvage" on it. You need to think about arguing with your insurance company about them calling it a total loss if the dealership says it's fine. And it couldn't cost $8k for a 5mph accident.
-Jeff

What would you rather have?
-a clean title car

OR

-a salvage titled car, that's not *truly* salvaged but has an rb engine and money left to spare. :D

If you aren't planning to sell the car soon, I would take the money.

Jeff240sx
04-13-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by fleaf
What would you rather have?
-a clean title car

OR

-a salvage titled car, that's not *truly* salvaged but has an rb engine and money left to spare. :D

If you aren't planning to sell the car soon, I would take the money.

OR

Get into another "5mph" accident, create another $9k in damage, and have the insurance only cover $2k of a salvaged car.
Don't rip the insurance companies... they'll come back a Fu*k you.
-Jeff

fleaf
04-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Jeff240sx
OR

Get into another "5mph" accident, create another $9k in damage, and have the insurance only cover $2k of a salvaged car.
Don't rip the insurance companies... they'll come back a Fu*k you.
-Jeff

hehe, that's karma...the insurance companies aren't screwing you over, that would just be bad luck. But I see where you're coming from...

240Stilo
04-13-2003, 10:39 PM
5mph? do you have any pics of this? IF it were me, I would explain to the insurance company that Nissan said that everything is fine and just fix the cosmetics. 5mph shouldn't be too bad. ::cough::PICS::cough::