PDA

View Full Version : auto harnes wiring.. s13 kade

littledevil661
07-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Well ive run into a problem with wire.. ive searched and searched
if i had the money i would get the 5speed harness.. but thats out of the question

Ive got the fuse box wiring part down that part is fine.. But im trying to wire the bottom part of the harness to the sensors on the tranny.. ive been looking for someone that has done it.. or has a diagram of pretty much everything done on this part .. thank in advance.. dunno if i missed something when i was reading .. but im just not seeing it

projectRDM
07-02-2009, 04:25 PM
1. What are you doing exactly.

2. What are you asking.

The answers to those questions may help others diagnose your problem.

If the chassis is an automatic and you're swapping a 5speed, the 5speed harness is useless anyway.

littledevil661
07-02-2009, 07:38 PM
1. What are you doing exactly.

2. What are you asking.

The answers to those questions may help others diagnose your problem.

If the chassis is an automatic and you're swapping a 5speed, the 5speed harness is useless anyway.

i am doing a auto to manual swap on a 91 240

i dont have a 5speed harness for the tranny

im trying to convert the lower part of the harness where it would plug into the tranny.. .. so basically i need to know with wires go where into each sensor so everything works.

now i have the top part of the harness all done.. thats plugs into the fuse box. dont need that

FRpilot
07-02-2009, 08:04 PM
people do auto to 5spd swaps all the time and keep the automatic engine harness. you only really need to plug in 2 plugs (1 plug if you don't want reverse lights and even no plugs at all if you can go without reverse lights and speedometer).

what you need is the plugs off the auto transmission. cut them off the auto transmission and splice them onto the harness and plug and play.

littledevil661
07-02-2009, 08:41 PM
people do auto to 5spd swaps all the time and keep the automatic engine harness. you only really need to plug in 2 plugs (1 plug if you don't want reverse lights and even no plugs at all if you can go without reverse lights and speedometer).

what you need is the plugs off the auto transmission. cut them off the auto transmission and splice them onto the harness and plug and play.

well i def need the speed sensor. socal is getting to be no joke with speeding..

With my luck i'd prolly gett stopped in a parking lot for having no reverse light or ran into

and of course cant go anywhere without my car starting...

Cool that all i needed to know .. thank you sir

projectRDM
07-02-2009, 09:22 PM
The VSS is a separate piece in the harness, juts unwrap it all.

Hardwire the reverse switch if you want reverse lights. Jump the starter inhibit.

Done. Nothing else is required. Every single writeup online since the dawn of the internet tells you the same exact thing.

littledevil661
07-02-2009, 09:25 PM
ive must of over read it.. now im seeing it..