PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help me with my instrument cluster customization?

twitchy
04-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Hey.. So now I know how I can take the cluster out, ill be doing that monday. Can anyone tell me what the bulbs are like in the back of it, like what kind I need (even a bulb# would be awesome so I can get more) are they the bulbs that fit into those little round twist-on thinghies or something else?? How many are there? Is it hard to change them or is there anything else I need to know about them? Any information anyone has regarding taking the actual cluster apart especially bulbs and the front lens would be appreciated. Thanks a million!

Vehicle is a 93 240SX

pruto
04-12-2003, 03:35 PM
uh, what car do you have?

the clusters might be really similar, but it help to tell people what your car is before you ask for help of any kind

well, I did this last week to my 95 s14, took out the cluster, fairly easy, there are 3 194 bulbs that lights up the main cluster. These are the same bulbs used for the sidemarkers

HaLo
04-12-2003, 03:36 PM
5 194 type bulbs

I suggest that you get xenon for better lighting and install some transparent colored plastic sheets to get the color you want for the cluster. (Behind the gauges). I did it with mine and it looks incredible. Blue gauges and white needles. :)

ca18guy
04-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Once you have the cluster out you will see that it comes apart easily. Once you open it up (its clipped together) you just pull out the little bulbs and replace, sorry I don't have a part number for the bulbs.

twitchy
04-12-2003, 03:48 PM
er! Sorry, 93 240SX SE

twitchy
04-12-2003, 03:51 PM
Halo:
You mentioned theyre 194 bulb style... and you said Xenon, I was thinking that, its brighter and whatnot, Zenon or led was on my mind. Can you get them anywhere like say Canadian Tire (or the american equivalent if thats where your from)?

HaLo
04-12-2003, 11:42 PM
GEt Xenons. Leds don't have the same "equal" output on all the cluster. I know that I wasn't satisfied with leds. (I'm from Canada too so Canadian Tire will work out! ;) )