PDA

View Full Version : My Shiftknob Was Stolen Today :(

nismoskyz
07-01-2009, 01:58 AM
Who the hell steals a shiftknob?

I parked my car at school, go in, come back a few hours later in the afternoon and notice that my Greddy counterweighted ball shiftknob is missing.

Nothing else is missing, no signs of any damage whatsoever.

It was such a comfortable shiftknob. Thankfully I had a nismo shiftknob sitting in the glove which was apparently left untouched.

I'm 100% sure I had locked the doors before I left, is it really that easy to get inside a 240?

Any suggestions for keeping my stuff safe in the future?

I guess it could have been much worse.

CBS
07-01-2009, 02:00 AM
I can jiggle my keys into your door, thats how easy it is.

nismoskyz
07-01-2009, 02:06 AM
man :(

I love my car so much... but going over the other "stolen" threads is making me want to get rid of it... and pick up a tercel, lol.

yukon
07-01-2009, 03:11 AM
put a blinking led light on your dash. that deters a few people.

XenoVibe
07-01-2009, 04:06 AM
There was a blinking blue light on my sister civic, didnt stop them from cracking both passenger windows open (why wasnt one enough?) and stealing the CD player plus leaving cigarette butts and burn makes on the fucking backseat. :|

I hope those fuck faces who dont realize how hard it is for the working man to earn the money for mods get hit by a car for taking the lazy way out.

If we call car thiefs ricers you think that may reduce the theft rates, I mean because not all thiefs are Honda fanboys, right? :P

CBS
07-01-2009, 04:19 AM
put a blinking led light on your dash. that deters a few people.

all I have to do is shake the car to see if it has an alarm or look for little antennas on the rear windshield or in the front

blue lights fail

get a small blinking red one near the driverside stereo somewhere. helps more than a blue one.

XenoVibe
07-01-2009, 04:29 AM
The blue light was down beside the steering wheel drivers side below gauges but all the took was a shitty 100 cd player which is retarded cause we had school in the morning and couldnt drive for awhile. Anyways im gonna go with a Viper1000 alarm for my 240sx cause of the starter kill switch. Lol and 5 different locking nuts on each wheel!! >:[

gotspins13
07-01-2009, 04:57 AM
man :(

I love my car so much... but going over the other "stolen" threads is making me want to get rid of it... and pick up a tercel, lol.

i dont see why you would want to give up your car just cus its easy to get stolen, why dont you smart up and put a good alarm in it so kill switches and catch them in the middle of it and hit him in the back of the head then make him bite the curb haha

what im saying is be smarter then the ppl who would want to take your car

lewisfk
07-01-2009, 07:37 AM
buy a damn alarm, and if u realy put mods on it! Invest in lowjack! 600 bucks and when your car gets stolen they can track it! And all those little bastards who are stealing nice cars will get busted!

nismoskyz
07-01-2009, 12:59 PM
agreed, lojack is definitely good to have, but it wont get me my shiftknob back...

i have an alarm, but the thing has a mind of its own, so i was forced to silence it.

some things you just gotta live with i guess.

S13Boosts
07-01-2009, 01:09 PM
i can sell you a BETTTER alarm lol i have 2 2ways that i need to sell hit me up i can hook you up...

kornaz
07-01-2009, 10:41 PM
all I have to do is shake the car to see if it has an alarm or look for little antennas on the rear windshield or in the front

blue lights fail

get a small blinking red one near the driverside stereo somewhere. helps more than a blue one.

You sure know how to steal.

OP - never take your 240 to any parking structure. Specially school. Get an alarm. And several kill switches.

I LUV MY S13
07-01-2009, 10:44 PM
just get a bombass alarm system..i got the python 990

Ares240SX
07-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Alarm, battery cutoff, starter cutoff, remote kill switches. You'll be sorta set. If they can't start it, they'll tow it if they want it bad enough.

hOngsterr
07-01-2009, 10:55 PM
agreed, lojack is definitely good to have, but it wont get me my shiftknob back...

i have an alarm, but the thing has a mind of its own, so i was forced to silence it.

some things you just gotta live with i guess.

lo jack on a shift knob...................................
lol

plus,
most original old nissan keys can pretty much unlock
other 240's
some of my friends done it before.

turbo_dreams
07-02-2009, 06:36 AM
My friends se-r keys open my doors and start my car as if it's the original key.

cali_love
07-02-2009, 09:46 AM

blue lights fail

:tweak::tweak::tweak::tweak::tweak::tweak::tweak::

Mangudai
07-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Alarm, battery cutoff, starter cutoff, remote kill switches. You'll be sorta set. If they can't start it, they'll tow it if they want it bad enough.

And for that you should have a tilt sensor.

David48
07-02-2009, 03:00 PM
lol. My dad owns a used car dealer, so whenever he sells a car financed, he puts a GPS on it, so that if they stop paying, he can go on a website, and find where the car is. So I got him to give me one, and it's going on my 240 pretty soon. :D And now I want to try to start my 240 with a different Nissan key.

240fOotWorKz
07-03-2009, 02:35 PM
most original old nissan keys can pretty much unlock
other 240's
some of my friends done it before.
My friends se-r keys open my doors and start my car as if it's the original key.

Wow. thats insane

drift_limo
07-03-2009, 03:42 PM
but really a shift knob???
wow

lol. My dad owns a used car dealer, so whenever he sells a car financed, he puts a GPS on it, so that if they stop paying, he can go on a website, and find where the car is. So I got him to give me one, and it's going on my 240 pretty soon. :D And now I want to try to start my 240 with a different Nissan key.

wtf!? is that even legal?

CalPolyKing
07-03-2009, 06:41 PM
lol.. the same thing happen to me when I was at school. I parked my car, and like 6 hours later my JDM shift knob was jacked. The whole car was still in on piece. Even my removable Sony stereo face was still there.
I ended up putting the pole for my small car jack in the shifter to be able to switch gears. It was pretty funny but it got me home which is 35miles from school...

Sl3KA
07-03-2009, 08:15 PM
LOL. I don't pay for comprehensive insurance because... it's not worth it they won't pay for all my aftermarket crap therefore I'm investing in LO JACK soon... I hope it works in Hawaii...

David48
07-04-2009, 08:00 AM
wtf!? is that even legal?

The GPS in the customer's car? Yeah. It's in the contract that they sign. Their loss if they don't read it, and then become enough of a douche bag to stop paying and then try to hide the car. Not paying and hiding a car is pretty much theft in itself. But once they finish paying, he closes the "account" that the car has, and the GPS becomes inactive.

jdm2191
07-04-2009, 01:31 PM
240's are to easy to get in too a couple of weeks ago i left my keys in the car like a dumbass & i dont have a spare key so i got a metal hanger & easly pop the lock like nothing it was good thing/bad thing because i realize how easy it is to get into it!!! & one of my friends keys unlock my car & my other friends car & even started it!! i hate 240 keys they suck!!

David48
07-04-2009, 04:45 PM
I tried starting mine with a key from a '90 stanza, but thankfully it didn't work.

kevmeistah21
07-05-2009, 04:22 AM
LOL. I don't pay for comprehensive insurance because... it's not worth it they won't pay for all my aftermarket crap therefore I'm investing in LO JACK soon... I hope it works in Hawaii...

lol you can literally drive around hawaii and find your car, depends what island though..

nismoskyz
07-05-2009, 04:26 AM
lojack on the shiftknob would be nice to catch all the little petty thieves..

lol, if you ordered a blank off of couresty parts for your 240, it seems like you probably wouldnt even need to have it cut!

Sl3KA
07-05-2009, 04:38 AM
Kinda like Guam haha... I'm moving to Oahu... good thing about me is the majority of the time my car is on a military base :) and yeah I locked my keys in the car... took me under 1 minute borrowing a close hanger from an oil change shop nearby lol... I was as the car wash with the car on and accidentally locked it. I locked my keys in the car over 3 times in that week haha Lo Jack anyways... I save $100 a month on auto insurance by not having comprehensive... mind as well invest it since I have put about 8k into it already...

lol you can literally drive around hawaii and find your car, depends what island though..

I just realized something I keep typing my messages on top of the quotes haha :ghey: won't happen again.

XenoVibe
07-05-2009, 05:41 AM
Lo jack has portible units, its not like you have to have something installed in a hidden place on the car. Lo jack is a pretty awesome idea too. Oh and yah the flaw of having a sunroof or convertible. Its easy to remove to gain access. :|

Sl3KA
07-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I found some "Express Code (http://www.expressprotection.com/Anti-Theft-Programs/Express-Code.aspx)" stickers all over my call yesterday from wet sanding... seems like garbage.

nismoskyz
07-05-2009, 03:12 PM
If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

lol

93nismo
07-30-2009, 11:23 AM
i can get into my 240 with my old z32 key. but i cant start it.. and smoebody tried to unlock my driverside door with a screwdriver when i was at target once so i only have a pass door to unlock now... and its really easy to unlock 240s with a coat hanger or something. ive done it a few times when ive locked my keys in it. but my car dosent really leave the garage often anymore anyway

shinobis13hb
08-20-2009, 01:17 AM
haha shave your dorr handles hahah get poppers.. i know you have to worry but i did that on ly handa and NOONE broke into it after that but.. you do have t oworry bout locking yourself out haha.. when you have an old car.. you gotta upgrade security get a clutch lock.. and a wheel lock

S14TEENZ
08-20-2009, 05:35 PM
i had the same shift knob.

Manuelitoohno
08-21-2009, 12:30 AM
wont even just a gps plain ol gps work? i mean if worst comes to worst u can track it and drive to where it is and get a couple of buddies and some bats and whip up a fight.

downshift_sideways
08-21-2009, 12:43 AM
This helps.

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/175188-keep-your-car-getting-jacked-thread.html

DreamN
08-21-2009, 12:51 AM
OMFG You're back! lol