PDA

View Full Version : i still have NO wipers

Warwick5s
04-11-2003, 02:29 PM
in december or so i tried to blast a ton of snow off my windshield with my wipers. did the front, went about an inch and stopped. then clicked the back, went about an inch and stopped. dumb idea. since then, i have no front or rear wipers, and no squirters.

Wiper/Washer fuse is fine. tested with ammeter and replaced with several good fuses.
rear wiper amp tests ok (the test that's i nthe service manual)

where the HELL is the front wiper amp? is it inside the pass. side fender like it looks like it is in the FSM?

could it be the switch? if so, would i have fried BOTH the switches, or does the rear switch piggyback onto the column switch?

is there some relay or fuse besides the fuse in the kick panel and the wiper amplifiers?

oh, here is the other bit of weirdness. i took my car in because it was getting about 15mpg (bad fuel injector) and had them check the wipers. but according to them THEY WORKED WHILE IN THE SHOP :confused: and then as my brother drove the car from the shop to my apartment, he said that they worked for about a minute, and then stopped working.

WTF?!

Warwick5s
04-12-2003, 11:37 AM
:(

i know i'm not the only one to have lost his wipers...someone PLEASE give me a hand. the FSM is worthless when it comes to wiper stuff.

syco3d
04-12-2003, 11:43 AM
try testing AT the wiper motor to see if it's getting juice. Another fuse/relay box on a S13 is under the intake y-pipe (next to the airfilter box).

Warwick5s
04-12-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by syco3d
try testing AT the wiper motor to see if it's getting juice. Another fuse/relay box on a S13 is under the intake y-pipe (next to the airfilter box).

it's not getting juice, and i didn't see any wiper related relays in the fuse box by the air filter or the one by the battery, but i may have missed something...

syco3d
04-12-2003, 11:55 AM
dang....don't know what to tell you on that one. Did you say that one of the fuses was blown? It that's the case it could be a burned wire. Try following the wiring from the last known 'working' point until you don't read anything. It's a pain in the ass...but somtimes it's the only solution.

Warwick5s
04-12-2003, 12:36 PM
would a shorted motor prevent the squirters from squirting?

Warwick5s
04-12-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by James
No.
Separate (tiny) motor.

ok...so if that's the case, what WOULD cause both to not work? the switch?

syco3d
04-12-2003, 01:01 PM

You can check fuses and stuff all day- motor could be shorted- even if it works once in a long time.

That's true, but he said that there wasn't power getting to the motor, which was I stated what I did. Meaning even if the motor did work, it still wouldn't fix his problem.

mrmephistopheles
04-12-2003, 01:42 PM

I hope it's not just your wiper stalk and you couldn't figure it out!

I don't think it'd be the stalk, as his rear wiper isn't functioning, either. I'd check the fusible links in the fusebox located in the engine bay. Blowing one of those can cause all sorts of electrical haywire.