PDA

View Full Version : S14 Third Brake Light Always On.

Sideways~S14
06-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Anyone else have this problem? I checked fuses bulbs. I don't know why its staying on. Is this a common problem kinda like the s13 coupe tail light problem? If anyone has had this problem how did you fix it? I tried searching but came up with nothing :hide:

Sideways~S14
06-27-2009, 04:25 AM
anyone? .

projectRDM
06-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Third brakelight only? Or all brake lights? Bad switch probably.

Forge_55b
06-27-2009, 11:50 AM
I think you need some more specific details.

Does this happen when you have the car on or off only? When you turn on the lights? By always on do you mean like when you brake and it lights up more or just running light brightness?

driftphenom
06-27-2009, 12:01 PM
happened to me once. its like a fail safe thing. there is a little switch in the brake pedal (kinda like a neutral safetey switch) that makes the brake lights always on. when your pressing the brake, your actually cutting the connection to the lights. so when the switch goes out, or the stopper breaks, your brakes stay on. hence fail safe. for me, it was just a little rubber stopper that had dry rotted. i just duct taped across where it was.

Sideways~S14
06-27-2009, 02:24 PM
I think you need some more specific details.

Does this happen when you have the car on or off only? When you turn on the lights? By always on do you mean like when you brake and it lights up more or just running light brightness?its only when the headlights are on. The third brake light is already lit. and it just gets a tad bit brighter when i hit the brakes.

shinda_shima
06-27-2009, 05:55 PM
happened to me once. its like a fail safe thing. there is a little switch in the brake pedal (kinda like a neutral safetey switch) that makes the brake lights always on. when your pressing the brake, your actually cutting the connection to the lights. so when the switch goes out, or the stopper breaks, your brakes stay on. hence fail safe. for me, it was just a little rubber stopper that had dry rotted. i just duct taped across where it was.
Haha, that just happened to me. I used duck tape and nickel. I hate those dang rubber stoppers.

vboy720
06-27-2009, 09:22 PM
i once had my right turn signal and brake light stay on constant because i burned up the engine harness in the driver front wheel well. Re-soldered/or taped it back up and fixed the problem.

TTrx7Pete
06-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Might be grounding out...

Anhell_ito
05-25-2013, 11:57 AM
Did u ever figure this out? Lol