PDA

View Full Version : Oil Filter Confirmation

DisEpyon
06-23-2009, 07:03 PM
So i decided to try out the Mobil 1 oil filter instead of using the OEM one from the dealership.

Ive searched and came up with very little info on the product number for the correct mobil 1 filter to be used for the s13 sr20det. All that i could find is that m1-103 is to be used for the s13 sr20det engine.

Just want to make sure if this is right or not, any one know? I already bought it but want to make sure its right, dont want it coming off while driving. The threads seem to be the same, but the length of the filter is shorter than the oem filter.

thanks,
Brent

KoukiMonsta
06-23-2009, 07:06 PM
pretty sure thats right, go to a store and see if it fits a 93 nissan sentra ser.......and fukin search

clark
06-23-2009, 07:10 PM
yeah i've used a mobil and i've used a wix and i've used stp. i've used a bunhc of different ones and they're all small as shit.
probably better off stickin with OEM now that you mention they're longer. shit, i'ma try that one next.

PinkPanther
06-23-2009, 07:11 PM
yep m1-103, thats whats on my redtop right now.

Bigsyke
06-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Arent the OE's quality = Fram now? Ive heard M1 filters arent nearly as good as wix. Really the only thing you need to worry about is the drainback valve. You need to blow inside the hole and see if it leaks.

Wix > M1 IMO due to flow/filter ratio.

DisEpyon
06-23-2009, 07:47 PM
thanks Clark, PinkPanther, and Bigsyke for you your guys help on confirming me.

Pacman
06-24-2009, 09:34 PM
The one reason I use OE filters is for the drain back valve. I know that the filtration is correct for the car. If Fram or whoever is the same quality (which I doubt) they might have made it the same micron rating as OE. For oil filters, I WON'T USE ANYTHING BUT OE.

s13silvia123
06-24-2009, 09:36 PM
i use a K&N KA for my SR

viperbite
06-24-2009, 11:45 PM
pretty sure thats right, go to a store and see if it fits a 93 nissan sentra ser.......and fukin search prick alert

The one reason I use OE filters is for the drain back valve. I know that the filtration is correct for the car. If Fram or whoever is the same quality (which I doubt) they might have made it the same micron rating as OE. For oil filters, I WON'T USE ANYTHING BUT OE.

same. the prices arent that much different anyways.

ive been using purolator filters recently on my ka because i dont really give a shit. but they make my oil black faster so im thinking about going back to an oem.