PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET Chriping Noises

Dragtek1
06-23-2009, 01:51 AM
*EDIT* PROBLEM SOLVED. TURNS OUT THE PAN WAS EVENLY DENTED. HAMMERED IT OUT AND NOW IT HAS INSTANT OIL PRESSURE AND NO NOISE.

just finished my redtop swap. I started her up and she sounded pretty good for a good minute, until I started getting a loud chirping noise. The noise is off and on, meaning, it'll be extremely loud for 10 seconds then all of a sudden everything sounds normal for 20 seconds and then back and forth.

I figured it was improper belt tightness, so I removed all accessory belts and the noise is still there.

For reference, I put in 4 quarts of 10w40 oil and picked up an Nissan SE-R Filter. I'm getting a oil light, but I'm not 100% if that light was always there. I will be installing an oil pressure gauge to verify.

Any recommendations? I've ran it for a total of maybe 5 minutes. I honestly tried to pinpoint the noise, but whenever it comes on, it's so loud I feel like it's coming from everywhere. I tried my best and can say that I'm thinking it's coming from the valve cover.

Lastly, I don't know if this was mere coincidence, but I had put in 3.5 quarts initally and followed with .5 quarts after the second start. When I added the oil the noise went away for a decent amount of time. It's possible it was coincidence.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Dragtek1
06-23-2009, 01:57 AM
Forgot to mention that I will be checking the oil pan tomorrow as well. I inspected it and the pan was not dented at all, however, for safety sake I will pull it off and bang it out, as I understand the pick up is very close to the bottom of the pan.