PDA

View Full Version : Weird

WildAsDaTaliban
06-21-2009, 04:26 AM
so i have a redtop sr20det. every time i do an oil change and replacing the oil filter, it only takes 3 quarts of oil to fill up to the H mark exactly. so every time i just dump in 3 bottles of engine oil, pull the dip stick out and it will be exactly at the H mark. i read online that the sr20det takes 3.5 quarts of oil, someone even said his took 4 quarts. i'm confused why mine only takes 3 quarts. by the way, i'm using amsoil full synthetic 10w 30 and K&N oil filter for a 92 sentra se-r.

GSXRJJordan
06-21-2009, 04:52 AM
so i have a redtop sr20det. every time i do an oil change and replacing the oil filter, it only takes 3 quarts of oil to fill up to the H mark exactly. so every time i just dump in 3 bottles of engine oil, pull the dip stick out and it will be exactly at the H mark. i read online that the sr20det takes 3.5 quarts of oil, someone even said his took 4 quarts. i'm confused why mine only takes 3 quarts. by the way, i'm using amsoil full synthetic 10w 30 and K&N oil filter for a 92 sentra se-r.

Nope, that's normal. It'll only take 3.5qts if you're doing a full oil pan drain (dropping the pan), as well as changing the filter.

Mine took just over 3qts most of the time, and when I added my oil cooler and relocation (along with it's 7ft of -10an line) it took just under 4qts.

WildAsDaTaliban
06-21-2009, 05:37 AM
^ thanks man. good to hear.