PDA

View Full Version : Can s15 (or s14) rear calipers & e-brake cables bolt on to an s13?

dwadia
06-19-2009, 08:36 PM
I have an s13 and a rear caliper is leaking. I also have a pair of s15 rear calipers in good shape and e-brake cables attached to both. I believe the s15 is the same as s14 (assume it is unless you know otherwise). From what i can see, the only external difference is the connector for the e-brake, and the cable itself on the end which connects to the caliper.

What i want to know is will this be a simple, straightforward bolt-on, to swap both calipers and e-brake cables? If not i'll just get a rebuilt s13 rear caliper because i don't have too much time to mess around with it right now.

duffman1278
06-19-2009, 08:41 PM
You really couldn't take about 5 seconds to search this on the internet???

Let me google that for you (http://tinyurl.com/m56gzn)

djsilver
06-19-2009, 08:48 PM
I have an s13 and a rear caliper is leaking. I also have a pair of s15 rear calipers in good shape and e-brake cables attached to both. I believe the s15 is the same as s14 (assume it is unless you know otherwise). From what i can see, the only external difference is the connector for the e-brake, and the cable itself on the end which connects to the caliper.

What i want to know is will this be a simple, straightforward bolt-on, to swap both calipers and e-brake cables? If not i'll just get a rebuilt s13 rear caliper because i don't have too much time to mess around with it right now.

You don't want to mix them because the S13 is 35mm and the S14 is 38mm and it'll mess up your brake bias. The calipers bolt right up but you'll have to swap e-brake cables to make it work neatly. You can swap the e-brake levers on the calipers and reuse the S13 levers and cable but you'll have to bend the lever a little for clearance. The easy answer is a reman caliper from Advance Auto for $72.

s13silvia123
06-19-2009, 08:54 PM
You really couldn't take about 5 seconds to search thing on the internet???

Let me google that for you (http://tinyurl.com/m56gzn)

LOL i would of done the same thing

dwadia
06-20-2009, 04:10 AM
djsilver, thanks. the ebrake levers looked completely different though, so it looked more like the s13 levers would need a 90 degree bend if attached. I do have the pair of s15 calipers so doing both is possible, i wouldn't mix them. So i take it s15/s14 cables won't work well on the s13 chassis?

To both of you that had the ingenious idea of using google for "5 seconds," did you bother looking through your own results? Nothing relevant, unless it's on the 1000th search result page. I searched google and forums for an hour. Do you realize i'm talking about rear brakes and not fronts? Perhaps you should take those 5 seconds yourself to understand my question before commenting :doh:

HPKMotorsports3
06-20-2009, 04:19 AM
djsilver, thanks. the ebrake levers looked completely different though, so it looked more like the s13 levers would need a 90 degree bend if attached. I do have the pair of s15 calipers so doing both is possible, i wouldn't mix them. So i take it s15/s14 cables won't work well on the s13 chassis?

To both of you that had the ingenious idea of using google for "5 seconds," did you bother looking through your own results? Nothing relevant, unless it's on the 1000th search result page. I searched google and forums for an hour. Do you realize i'm talking about rear brakes and not fronts? Perhaps you should take those 5 seconds yourself to understand my question before commenting :doh:

HAHAHAHAHA Get EM!!!!!