PDA

View Full Version : My car is leakin something

kid_nissan
04-08-2003, 02:06 PM
My car is leaking something clear, and when i turn my steerin wheel its like a wooooosshhhh sound, what could that be... Its a clear oil... I have no idea what it is, please respond asap
Thanks Nick:confused:

SRKperformance
04-08-2003, 02:08 PM
check your power steering lines and resivor and pump sound like a ps leak

S15 Powered
04-09-2003, 12:32 AM
Traditionally power steering fluid isn't clear, but I can't really imagine what else it could be :confused:

Evil S14
04-09-2003, 02:29 AM
you havent been having "too much fun" on your hood have you? :D :o :p

uiuc240
04-09-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by kid_nissan
My car is leaking something clear, and when i turn my steerin wheel its like a wooooosshhhh sound, what could that be... Its a clear oil... I have no idea what it is, please respond asap
Thanks Nick:confused:

The woosh sound "might" be normal. Check the Power Steering reservoir and see if it's low. The PS reservoir is the little dark bronzish can that you can't see through.

The clear liquid could also be the ooze that drips from broken TC rod bushings. Where is the liquid, how much is there, and what is the consistency? Is is sticky? The TC rod stuff is sticky. If it's really slick, it's probably PS fluid...which shouldn't be in there anyway. You should have ATF in your PS system (Nissan designed it that way). PS is too viscous and will leak out. Trust me.

Eric

Thurazor
04-09-2003, 12:10 PM
Really the only thing I can think of that would be remotely clear would be windshield fluid. Do a check on where the leaks are.