PDA

View Full Version : HPI engine damper

KOUKI KA-T
04-08-2003, 12:01 PM
I'm trying to find where I can get the HPI maxeng damper. I've done a search and people have mentioned pricing around 150$, the only place i can find that sells them is Santeca and it's almost 250$!!

Also, has anyone found a way to make this fit the KA motor or seen it done?

Thanks.

KOUKI KA-T
04-09-2003, 06:53 AM
Aww nobody??? Well I'm sick of the engine rocking and nobody makes stiffer motor mounts for the KA so I'll just pay top-dollar for the HPI unit I guess.....

DuffMan
04-09-2003, 07:08 AM
since you have to do custom stuff anyways, why not just make your own. I think people were talking about doing it with a bicycle shock or something.

KOUKI KA-T
04-09-2003, 07:12 AM
I've looked into that already...motorcycle steering dampers are just as expensive, I haven't been able to locate any used ones and then any that have been used are probably junk anyway. I don't think mounting it to the ka will really be any kind of hassle at all, I just wanted to know where people were finding the HPI ones for 150$.

Foxcolt
04-09-2003, 08:59 AM
I want one too!!!

uiuc240
04-09-2003, 09:07 AM
so i'm not the only one with a motor that vibrates a lot? i think my SR still needs tuning, but it's good to know that others have motors with "da funk"

Eric

Steeles
04-09-2003, 10:12 AM
www.projectsilvia.com has one coming out soon. last time i was there they hadnt announced pricing but Robert said they'd have it up soon.

KOUKI KA-T
04-09-2003, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the help Steeles. I'm ordering a new test-pipe from them today and I'll ask them about it then.

Steeles
04-09-2003, 10:19 AM
Ask Robert about the S13 SR plug cover too for me ;)!

Foxcolt
04-09-2003, 10:28 AM
Rob's a good guy. Just recenty orderd a LOT of parts from him.

KOUKI KA-T
04-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Yeah I spoke to Robert at projectsilvia and the engine dampeners aren't available yet....but soon. Can't wait until my engine stops flopping around!

d240t2
04-10-2003, 12:49 PM
We made a set of custom motor mounts once for a KA+T (with think rubber bushings and laser cut plates). We could make more.

Honestly, it was rough with that motor. That thing didn't move...but the vibrations transmitted through the chassis made it pretty loud, rough, uncomfortable, etc.

Still, email us ( [email protected] )if you want some motor mounts...we could always make more. I'm not sure offhand what happened to that prototype set...they may still be around.

Dennis Kalman
unStable Hybrids

KOUKI KA-T
04-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the info, I actually e-mailed you guys last week on those mounts! I want to try and avoid the severe rattling those mounts would cause though if i can, so I'm going to try a dampener first, but if that doesn't do the job I'll have to go with something a little less street friendly I guess.

AceInHole
04-10-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by KOUKI KA-T
Aww nobody??? Well I'm sick of the engine rocking and nobody makes stiffer motor mounts for the KA so I'll just pay top-dollar for the HPI unit I guess.....

I thought SR mounts and KA mounts were interchangeable.... and aren't the Nismo mounts supposed to be stiffer?

KOUKI KA-T
04-10-2003, 12:59 PM
Nope, only the tranny mount is interchangable. The Sr mounts have a slight offset and would raise the motor around half an inch. Can't fit the strut bar on with those.