PDA

View Full Version : Sr guru's please advise

ross.cottrill
06-14-2009, 01:43 PM
i had a problem slowly start to occur,or so it seemed not as bad at first.the car is really sluggish now but builds boost as it should.it doesnt miss or backfire.smells really rich aswell.to me it feels as if something is pulling timing.originallly when i checked for codes we got a #11(cas code).weve since installed another with no luck.ive also drivin the car for a while with no more codes coming up.
here is a list of mods firts just so you are aware of what i have:
redtopsr (stock)
twin scroll 3076r
greddy front mount
nismo 740cc
isis intake
enthalpy tune
z32 maf
avcr
heres what we have done so far to remedy this:
checked timing
pulled plugs and put new in
checked voltage on plug wires and packs
we checked o2 sensor and it was dirty as hell,cleaned and reinstalled and ran better but still pulling timing
rechecked timing
did boost leak and it was rock solid
checked injector o-rings
my next attemt will be at buying a new knock sensoe and coolant temp sensor.
any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!
thanx soo much for your time,ross.

0wn3r
06-14-2009, 02:09 PM
it was a CAS on mine...though I think I was boosting higher than usual too. did you buy a new or used one?

ross.cottrill
06-14-2009, 03:58 PM
used cas.im running 15psi on low and 22 on high..

Sileighty_85
06-14-2009, 04:43 PM
I was throwing a CAS code a long time ago, found two loose grounds on top of the Manifold (#4 Runner)

Tighten them down and hadnt had a problem since.

what are plugs gapped to?

i dont thinking cleaning the O2 sensor registers as it being good, you need to check it per FSM to see if it is still good, if not then replace with a new one.

Check other sensors per FSM instead of just throwing money around hoping you'll get lucky.

Try cleaning the MAF too.

ross.cottrill
06-14-2009, 06:22 PM
I was throwing a CAS code a long time ago, found two loose grounds on top of the Manifold (#4 Runner)

Tighten them down and hadnt had a problem since.

what are plugs gapped to?

i dont thinking cleaning the O2 sensor registers as it being good, you need to check it per FSM to see if it is still good, if not then replace with a new one.

Check other sensors per FSM instead of just throwing money around hoping you'll get lucky.

Try cleaning the MAF too.

i dont see the grounds that you speak of?
already cleaned the maf as well(forgot to list)

Sileighty_85
06-14-2009, 06:32 PM
are you using an ISIS intake or Intake Manifold?
On the stock SR manifold where the IACV and Knock Sensor plugs were theres a spot where to grounds are bolt to with 10mm bolts

ross.cottrill
06-14-2009, 06:36 PM
isis intake mani,sorry..

spicywhitemustard38
06-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Ive been having the same problem. Mechanical boost gauge shows normal boost, threw a code 11, cleared and adjusted timing, code hasnt come back but feels like the timing or something is dropping severely. Im still pretty stock. Stock turbo/boost, fmic, bov, mishi rad and fans. I did install a Apexi AVC-R but pulled it off and still have this problem. Seemed to start a month after i installed the rad and fans. It seems to me that part throttle it accels like it should but if you go over ~70% throttle its being held back. TPS voltage is ok, ECT reading good on a scanner, MAF reading look good too. LMK if you find what your problem is. It might lead me in a right direction.