PDA

View Full Version : wtb:Sr20det in So Cal

Coodsy
06-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Hey i just got a 1989 240sx for my 18th birthday, and the engine is a KA24E and i want to get a sr20 red top, does anyone know a good place to get one in the LA area? Please and thank you.

spiderlone
06-07-2009, 06:50 PM
pm sent out.....

bardabe
06-07-2009, 07:16 PM
check my thread, i got an Sr set up for sale from a customer.

racer98
06-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Hey i just got a 1989 240sx for my 18th birthday, and the engine is a KA24E and i want to get a sr20 red top, does anyone know a good place to get one in the LA area? Please and thank you.

Id like you for you to spend money on the suspension, brakes and a good driver seat for now, shop around and get prices on everything and make sure when you do the swap you replace little parts that can drive you nuts later.

Don't cut corners on a cheap motor that will leave a big hole in your pocket.

Coodsy
06-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Well its all good right now, i just got some great tires for $300 at Super Autobacs and stuff, but im worried about the engine cuz its stock. i dont want it to break on me. and i am starting to work so i have money for a sr then i'll do coil overs and breaks then rims and tires again. and camber arms and stuff

Toomuch240
06-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Get some coils and arms etc first

Toomuch240
06-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Well its all good right now, i just got some great tires for $300 at Super Autobacs and stuff, but im worried about the engine cuz its stock. i dont want it to break on me. and i am starting to work so i have money for a sr then i'll do coil overs and breaks then rims and tires again. and camber arms and stuff

what do you plan on doing with the car? stock engine pretty cheap to maintain sr swap isnt so cheap :P

Coodsy
06-08-2009, 12:07 AM
i know its not that cheep, but i want a relyable engine, i want to get that, some hks exhaust cuz it has a steright pipe right now coil overs brakes chambers and stuff, a little skirt kit all around a lip and some paint. over the course of my last year of high school. and tires and rims somewhere in there too. i dont have to pay rent or anything so it'll all just goto my car and medical school haha

handinpants
06-08-2009, 03:08 AM

save your money.

racer98
06-08-2009, 09:15 AM

again do you're research and check before you spend also go and take some driver safety courses and go do some go karting 1st.

Fast gets into trouble very quickly.