PDA

View Full Version : cracked oil pan...lots of problems

Evil DC2
06-07-2009, 01:42 PM

jr_ss
06-07-2009, 02:08 PM
You should probably rotate the crank over by hand and see if it binds. I'd also check out what oil is left in the pan and see if you see any metal. My best guess is that the motor is fubar...

Evil DC2
06-07-2009, 02:21 PM
You should probably rotate the crank over by hand and see if it binds. I'd also check out what oil is left in the pan and see if you see any metal. My best guess is that the motor is fubar...

The motor never siezed, I put some more oil in and started it up just to pull it into the driveway this morning. Dropped the oil pan, not really anything in it. Also oil pressure stayed at about 20 psi the whole way home.

jilo
06-07-2009, 04:52 PM
you are lucky as hell if it didnt at least score a bearing somewhere. id make sure your cam bearings are in good shape too.

fliprayzin240sx
06-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Cam bearings?!?! There are bearings in the cams?

Anyways, when you said nothing really in the pan, that means you had some stuff right? Did you have bronze shavings? If you do, start holding your breath for a couple of days after you fix this issue that it doesnt develop rod knocks.

PS: Having 20 PSI(1.5 bar ish) doesnt mean anything...if youre getting 20 PSI and your driving at 4k RPM and higher, thats bad juju...