PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injector Replacement -- Need Help!!

dbcloud9
06-07-2009, 11:07 AM
When you remove the injectors do you just pull them out or is there anything special which needs to be done to replace. From the outside it looks pretty simple... Any suggestions or Instructions?

Otherworldview
06-07-2009, 12:10 PM
If you don't have an injector puller then a pair of flat head screw drivers that fit in the slots on the side work fine. Just make sure to put some form of lubricant (vaseline, etc) on the new ones so they slide in and seal better. Takes about 10min.

jr_ss
06-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Don't use Vaseline... Don't use any type of petroleum based lubricant on o-rings, it causes them to swell and you may have issues with them leaking later on. They make non-petroleum based lubricants, find some and use that.

The injectors, if they haven't been removed before, are going to be a pain in the ass to remove. Take your time and pry carefully. You can destroy the plastic on the injectors pretty easily if not.

Otherworldview
06-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Don't use Vaseline... Don't use any type of petroleum based lubricant on o-rings, it causes them to swell and you may have issues with them leaking later on. They make non-petroleum based lubricants, find some and use that.

Unfortunately that's all I had at the time because I couldn't find the lubricant that Deatschwerks gave me. If you search around here though, you'll see it come up more then once about people using Vaseline which is why I went and used it.