PDA

View Full Version : car runs like ass...fuel problem? any ideas?

rancid240
04-04-2003, 05:35 PM
My car bogs down during shifts, and the idiot light will come on, then off. For a few seconds. Hasnt stayed on long enough for me to check the error code. Also when i turn it off, and need to turn it on again within about half an hour, it turns on than stalls and sounds like ****. If i hold the gas while turning it on it will run and after a while it will idle by itself. I am thinking of changing the filter and pump. Is there anything else i should look at?

91CRXsiR
04-06-2003, 08:53 PM
i had a prob similar to that.. i took apart my intake system today and cleaned my sensors and AFM w/ carb cleaner and made sure there were no leaks or anything and everything is fixed !

jdillaard
04-19-2004, 07:59 PM
check your O2 senor & cat

idlafie
04-20-2004, 02:45 AM
What year is your car again? No mention of it in your post
When does your bogging occur...during HARD acceleration or normal acceleration? You might want to check the ground wire that runs from your engine block to the firewall. It's located directly above the Oxygen sensor & to the left of your brake booster on the firewall. When I had bogging problems on my 95 SE, it turned out the ground wire that ran to the engine block above the Oxyen sensor went bad causing my stalling problems. The Nissan Technician troubleshooting my problem had a bitch of a time trying to figure it out. The ECU was kicking out all kinds of crazy codes with the car running fine one minute, then running like crap the next. It finally died and didn't want to start - no spark, no fuel , nothing!! He fixed the problem by cutting the old grounding gromulet & resoldering all the ground wires to a NEW ground gromulet. Haven't had a problem since then. Turns out most of the sensors on the KA stock engine use that particular spot above the Oxygen sensor as the grounding point. If one of those ground wires go bad, (there are like 6 or 7), then it will play havoc on your engine. Try wiggling that wire as the engine is running. If your idle goes to crap or the engine stalls then you found the source of your problems.
Anyhow, hope this helps.
ID