PDA

View Full Version : KA24de n/a 1991 bogging/low idle sounds like WRX

sil80mike
05-30-2009, 06:57 PM
well one day while driving home on the fwy my car had a sudden loss of power. came home.. cleaned MAF, Changed Sprk Plugs. Didnt change a thing. Next day changed fuel filter. nothing. Checked ECU codes it read 12. MAF sensor. So picked one up and put it in. nothing, maybe even worse. The motor sounds like a WRX and shakes. Listend to the injectors and they are all clicking. Cleaned ground to MAF. Please Help!!!! no other codes coming up on ECU. Checked vacum hoses too...

Any suggestions? I have searched for the same problem here, and none of the things i tried fixed others....

Please help

Miss my running S13

sil80mike
05-30-2009, 09:46 PM
when i disconnect the plug on fuel injector #1 the motor runs the same/kinda crappy/low idle.

all the others get way worse! when i pull their indivudual plug...!!!

does that mean #1 is messed up?

gunmetalr32
05-30-2009, 09:49 PM
"The motor sounds like a WRX (http://zilvia.net/f/#)"

thats a bad ass sounding ka...

j/k check the spark plug , and the wire ... on the 1st cylinder

sil80mike
05-30-2009, 11:55 PM
help please?

jspeedm
06-01-2009, 11:55 AM
what's your compression? where in cali are you?

sil80mike
06-01-2009, 12:40 PM
So since this post I got a fuel rail with injectors. I wanted to swap injectors on the first cylinder but the damn injector wouldnt come out. so I changed the whole fuel rail, with all 4 injectors. Well i know i did something wrong because now i have a fuel leak and white smoke coming from my exhaust. Prior to changing the fuel rail There was no leak and no smoke. Please help a bro out!

thanks,
Mike

KoukiMonsta
06-01-2009, 12:50 PM
well WRX sounds means your missing a cylinder ( spark or fuel) and by the test you did sounds like it was fuel. as far as the new rail goes double check it all. if it was the injector new rail will solve the problem. and check your ignitors too.

sil80mike
06-01-2009, 02:08 PM
im going to double check everything today. But why would i get smoke out of my exhaust? and now the i have a fuel leak from somewhere????

i will check ignitors

druthafoo
06-01-2009, 02:13 PM
smoke is running rich.. too much fuel i had the same problem before

sil80mike
06-01-2009, 02:17 PM
everyone tells me white/blue smoke is oil or coolant in the cylinder...

since i only h ad the problem after changing the fuel rail i figured it had to be something along the lines to do with that.

SoguRacing
06-01-2009, 02:22 PM
white smoke is water in the combustion chamber. perhaps you had a blow head gasket or cracked block. back up a few posts you said you pulled the plug for injector 1 and the car ran the same. swap a working injector into #1 and see if that fixes the problem. there should have been no reason to change the entire fuel rail and injectors. You could be causing more problems and adding more variables to your problem. diagnosing will take much longer. sounds like you had a bad injector. not sure what's wrong with the maf. maybe the wire filament is burning out or your intake if oil based filter is used could be causing the problem. I would do a leak down test or start the car and look for bubbles with the radiator cap off. check oil for milkyness = blown head gasket or cracked block. start out with those.

sil80mike
06-01-2009, 02:32 PM
well i couldnt get the indivdual injector out. They are stuck like a fatman in a small doorway!!!!

im going to change it back tot he OG fuel rail and change the single injector. hopefully it doesnt smoke anymore. Checked the oil... clear and clean. The smoke only started after the fuel rail exchange.

thanks all the help,,,

need more tho!

druthafoo
06-01-2009, 03:14 PM
if you have problems getting the injector out

try screwing back the two screws that are used to cap the injectors and with two flat heads use them for leverage

sil80mike
06-01-2009, 03:43 PM
DOOODE you are the man!

I never thought of that ish!!!!!!!

thanks a mill

jspeedm
06-01-2009, 04:02 PM
was there any fuel in the vacum line going to the fpr?
can you hear any exhaust leaks in the manifold area?

sil80mike
06-01-2009, 04:25 PM
Fuel pressure regulator?

no i didnt..

i cant hear any exhaust leaks.,...

sil80mike
06-01-2009, 07:46 PM
alright peeps im pretty hype right now...

i changed the new fuel rail back to the original and just replaced the #1 injector. Fixed all the dayum problems!

no more smoke... no more leak no more low idle and booging....

thanks everyone!

druthafoo
06-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Hopefully you didnt pinch an oring. Happened to me too :P.

All will seem well then poof here comes more smoke. Just dont get your hopes up too high right now.