PDA

View Full Version : Questions after alignment

fuco8210
05-29-2009, 03:32 PM
s14 with stance coilovers , rucas, adjustable toe control arms.

I went to get an alignment after installing the coilovers and they told me the rear was fine and in spec. I have noticed the driver rear wheel sticks out a good amount further in the back of the wheel then the other one, is this normal to have this much difference in toe adjustment between sides? The passanger side wheel looks to sit flat and flush, whereas the drivers is tiltled out towards the back of the wheel. Can anyone clarify? thanks

PinkPanther
05-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Are you saying that the camber looks different between left/right sides or that the toe between sides is different? your post is kind of confusing.

HYPNOTIK
05-29-2009, 03:42 PM
It probly is within "spec". The last time I payed for an alignment was when I swapped my subframe, it was worse after I got it back than when it went in but it was still within "spec". Now I do my own alignment and don't have any problems. If you don't have that option then take your car to someplace better to get an alignment, is there someplace that specializes in performance alignments in your area?

fuco8210
05-29-2009, 04:31 PM
The toe arm is adjusted a good amount further outwards then the other side and the wheel looks alot more slanted

tire_machine
05-29-2009, 04:44 PM
i've wondered about camber differences between driver/passanger sides often.

I've never had my car aligned, just slammed it, and drive like that.

i'm sure there is a way to adjust rear camber manually, just haven't gotten around to finding out how

HYPNOTIK
05-29-2009, 04:49 PM
i've wondered about camber differences between driver/passanger sides often.

I've never had my car aligned, just slammed it, and drive like that.

i'm sure there is a way to adjust rear camber manually, just haven't gotten around to finding out how

There is a cambolt on the UCA just like the toe arm. It doesn't have much adjustment in it so aftermarket arms make things easy.