PDA

View Full Version : Z32 trans on sr20det questions

lv240s14
05-29-2009, 12:35 AM
I am looking to get a z32 trans on my sr20det and would like to here some feedback before i get it. Does anyone on here have the z32 trans on the sr with a mazworx kit? I have heard they shift kinda weird. I have also heard they shift weird and slow because of the shift linkage system. Is this true? does anyone have some drifting experience with this trans? I know sr trans are weak and break but they shift really easy.

any advise would be great

fast-datsun
05-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! We have been using the trans on SR's and RB's for years and everthing is fine....

RACETUNE
05-30-2009, 02:32 PM
I am looking to get a z32 trans on my sr20det and would like to here some feedback before i get it. Does anyone on here have the z32 trans on the sr with a mazworx kit? I have heard they shift kinda weird. I have also heard they shift weird and slow because of the shift linkage system. Is this true? does anyone have some drifting experience with this trans? I know sr trans are weak and break but they shift really easy.

any advise would be great

*For our competition car (Garage BOSO S15) we use the complete OS Giken set for the SR and works great, we service it once before the season starts and it will last all year and we rebuild it for the next season. OS pricey but I like it, shifting is like stock feel.

*One of our customer is running a Z32/300zx Trans. Yes it does shift funny, during dyno tuning but he's never broke it and it is so much more cheaper than the OS. He currently competing in D1GP and is doing good and Intense Motorsports in Canada also makes the adapter "Mazworx style" and uses it for DMCC (Canadian Drift Series). Well anyway good luck with your project.

-Frank

jr_ss
05-30-2009, 04:56 PM
I have the Mazworx kit and it's great. I haven't noticed anything on the Z32 trans shifting weird? It's shifts are precise and smooth. A buddy of mine prefered his Z32 trans over his Supra's Getrag, based on the tightness and crisp shifting. The Mazworx kit comes with a short shifter, and it relocates the shifter closer to the driver. The trans is capable of handling quite a bit of power, I've seen 1000rwhp cars on the stock trans. It adds roughly 30lbs to the car, but is well worth it in my opinion.

lv240s14
06-02-2009, 11:07 PM
yeah the reason i ask about the shifting is when drifting and going from 2nd to 3rd it needs to be fast and same as 3rd to 2nd when drifting. Atleast the way i like to shift gears. The os giken gear set sounds like a good idea but yeah it costs what like 2500 vs 1400 which is about 1100 for the kit and 300 for the z trans. Does anyone know of another place that makes the kit? Frank you said who? intense motorsports in canada got any info on those guys?