PDA

View Full Version : Another problem with my ka swap

jacobs13
05-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Ok I swapped it and had millions of problems I fixed them all. Now it seems like its over heating i am not sure because my gauges dont work but I drove for 5 minutes and it was really hot and it was smoking from the exhaust manifold (probably the oil from hands) also the top radiator hose where it connects to the engine was smoking and sizzles and made a noise like pressure was getting out. Does anyone have any ideas whats wrong? I have all the fluids and the intercooler and hoses are all hooked up right.

FaLKoN240
05-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Are you sure you bled the cooling system all the way?

apex
05-24-2009, 12:41 AM
maybe the t-sat is stuck closed

Killa_D
05-24-2009, 12:45 AM
get a gauge to know wtf is up. I would check the water pump and then change the thermostat and bleed the radiator system.

jacobs13
05-24-2009, 10:45 AM
How do you do a good bleeding I have never done it

renegade_ewok
05-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Put the car in a large incline or jack the front of it up a good bit, turn the car on with heat on full blast and let it run till its up to temp while constantly adding water/coolant until it is topped off. Use the bleeder screw if necessary.

Killa_D
05-24-2009, 10:59 AM
jack up the front of you car a good 2 feet or 1 lol then turn your car on. Take the radiator cap off and put some fluid till all the bubbles comes out. Then just wait till it get warm and open the little bleeding screw in the intake mani and leave it almost on there like 1 thread screwed in so the bubbles can bubble out. Let it sit for a little longer till no bubbles are visible then put the radiator cap back on let it sit a little longer till no visible bubbles are coming out the little screw in the intake mani(also while you doing this make sure the car is not over heating) tighten the little screw, Let it sit for at lease 30 min to make sure it doesn't over heats if it doesn't over heat you did it right and your good to go.

jacobs13
05-24-2009, 02:38 PM
So I dont drain the fluid

FaLKoN240
05-24-2009, 03:05 PM
No, why would you drain your fluids?

You're trying to GET air out of the system, not liquid.

jacobs13
05-24-2009, 10:17 PM
ok I did that and it seemed like it didnt let out many bubbles or air then I drove it and it was really hot again. Is there any way to check the water pump and it also didnt have alot of power and it was pretty skippy untill 4th gear could this be because of the over heating?

Killa_D
05-24-2009, 10:48 PM
well for you to get air out the top bleeder screw your thermostat has to open up (which it mean it has to get to normal working temp) usually takes about 15 min, what i would do is just take the screw all the way out till you see fluid flowing coming out then just screw it in just a thread.