PDA

View Full Version : Megan Racing springs installed, ran into slight problem.

dsmdeliveryboy
05-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Ok so I just got done installing my Megan Racing springs and they went on without any problems, once I got the back on I noticed that when I push the back end down and compress the struts they act they're loose but they're completely tight... They are the stock struts but they're almost new(no money to buy aftermarket struts right now :()and the front end isn't doing it so I'm kind of lost...

LongGrain
05-21-2009, 08:28 PM
did you put the little rubber bump stops back on the shocks when you were reassembling them? i forgot that when i first did mine and i had the same problem.

dsmdeliveryboy
05-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Ya I made sure I did that, I'm completely lost because as far as I know they're put together right. I took the strut and put the spring in it and compressed the spring and put the top hat on and then the washer and nut...

s13boy89
05-21-2009, 08:43 PM
the rear is going to be softer because in the front you have a motor

all stock
05-21-2009, 11:49 PM
how "new" are these struts? if they're OEM, they're bound to be around 10+ years old, unless someone bought OEM ones from the dealer.

dsmdeliveryboy
05-22-2009, 12:51 AM
They're less than a year old and half of the year the car wasn't even on the ground

HYPNOTIK
05-22-2009, 06:59 AM
I have Megan springs on Ohlin's struts and I don't have any problems, I have them on a set of KYB struts before and no problems with them either.
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/SkylineGT_01/DSC_0005-1.jpg

dsmdeliveryboy
05-22-2009, 11:48 AM
I just dont get why its doing that, I think I'm gonna pull em off tomorrow and check em out.

lazysk8er2
05-22-2009, 12:14 PM
did u check the shocks/struts for play when they were out even though they are a year old they can still blow. take them out and push them in and out if its easy then they are blown if they are tough then they should be good

dsmdeliveryboy
05-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Well I took a little closer look today and it looks like the struts are too long for the springs, the threads for the struts are way too long and stick up a lot so it just seems like I'm riding on springs when I drive around. And I went and bought one new strut because it wasn't rebounding like you said and still nothing... Can someone show me a diagram or something of everything? I've lowered a lot of different cars I've owned and I've never had this problem...

repda916
05-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Well I took a little closer look today and it looks like the struts are too long for the springs, the threads for the struts are way too long and stick up a lot so it just seems like I'm riding on springs when I drive around. And I went and bought one new strut because it wasn't rebounding like you said and still nothing... Can someone show me a diagram or something of everything? I've lowered a lot of different cars I've owned and I've never had this problem...
sell everything you have and buy some used megans?:snoop:

dsmdeliveryboy
05-22-2009, 11:07 PM
wouldn't add up to enough and I'm already trying to deal with other more serious problems the car is having.

dsmdeliveryboy
05-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Need some help, need to get this car on the road. Will buy beer for someones help.

ImPLiCiTS14
05-30-2009, 12:31 AM
im also having same issues installing eibach sport lines on tockico struts. Anyone?

dsmdeliveryboy
05-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Uh threadjack???