PDA

View Full Version : dohc to sohc swap

supreme_1
05-21-2009, 05:50 PM
okay, i've been searching for quite some time and cant find the answer i'm looking for. i've found pictures, and conversations about what im in need of an answer for, but i have found no remedies.

were currently in the process of doing a sohc to dohc swap.( 92 dohc coupe shell, with 89 sohc motor set along with the entire engine wiring harness.) the dohc car was previously CA powered so the chassis harness is cut ( the brown and the grey harness in the pass side fender). we were able to get the complete sohc engine harness out in one piece by disconnecting it from the ecu, dash harness, and an unknown dual wire harness in the same location.

the current problem is the wiring. we were able to put the sohc ecu harness into with the ecu, the dash harness is there and in place. now where i was unclear is in the engine bay. i have a four wire harness on the lower engine harness that is not plugged into anything. i compared it to another sohc car, and the other sohc car does not have it. Is it necessary?(i will be getting the colors for the wires in a second)

secondly, i matched the cut dohc body harness up with the sohc harness and there are approximately four wires which are different. are these wires necessary? also if the wires from the dohc body harness are the same color as the sohc one is it safe to say i can solder them together?

apex
05-21-2009, 06:00 PM
see if this helps havent done it yet
http://www.zilvia.net/f/archive-faqs/33502-how-swap-sohc-dohc.html

supreme_1
05-21-2009, 06:02 PM
yeah i saw that posting, it doesnt provide any wiring information that i need tho. my issue is centered around the fuse box area, body harness, and lower harness.

thanks for your help tho

supreme_1
05-22-2009, 05:04 PM
another question,

does the sohc body harness' plug directly into the dohc without cutting, splicing and color matching?