PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Clutchnet clutch, anyone use them before?

dongoesby
05-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Like the title said. This is what I bought. How streetable is this clutch? I'm looking for close to stock pedal softness.

http://www.bakemono-imports.com/rs25/clutch1.jpg
It is missing the pilot bushing. Am I able to get it seperately easily?

Z33dori
05-18-2009, 10:07 PM
judging by what research i've done.. i found out my clutch is more than likely from the same place.

they work really good.. mine is 4 puck tho... grippy as hell

GSXRJJordan
05-18-2009, 10:13 PM
"Streetable" and "stock clutch stiffness" are separate things... Streetable to me means 'smooth engagement', so you can take off from lights without killing the motor or breaking the tires loose - this has to do with the friction disk mostly. Stock clutch stiffness has nothing to do with the disk, and is all in the pressure plate.

Without knowing what pressure plate you got, I can say that your disk is a full-face, sprung, so you shouldn't have any problems.

lazysk8er2
05-18-2009, 10:25 PM
yea go to the dealer its like 3 bucks for the pilot...as for your situation you already bought it...put it in and give it a rating kinda late to turn back now

dongoesby
05-18-2009, 11:35 PM
thanks for the well input guys.

i actually never had an aftermarket clutch kit before, so I'm not sure how to determine whether it is streetable or not. Soft pedal is really what I'm looking for.
i bought this clutch because the price, and it comes with the pressure plate pictured.

aNskY
05-19-2009, 07:43 PM
that looks like a "stage 1" or "stock replacement" clutch kit judging by the disc, but theres no way to know for sure about that PP unless you have the specs... but judging by the disk i'd say it'll be pretty close to stock feel