PDA

View Full Version : JIC SF1 coilovers

Digity
03-31-2003, 03:16 PM
Hey guys, next project is suspension..what are some opinions on some middle line coilovers? I was thinking the JIC SF1s or Zeal Bs, something reasonable for a dude on a budget..

Dousan_PG
03-31-2003, 03:21 PM
neither
save up more money
u DO WANT the damper adjustability
it makes all the difference

if u ended up id say zeal though
but i would save more if i were you and get something that's damper ajustable

RBS14
03-31-2003, 07:24 PM
Dousan...... I really have to disagree with you on the zeals.... JIC all the way. get FLT-2's They are ride hight adjustable without adjusting the spring rate. And they aren't a sh*t load of money either.

Dousan_PG
04-02-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by RBS14
Dousan...... I really have to disagree with you on the zeals.... JIC all the way. get FLT-2's They are ride hight adjustable without adjusting the spring rate. And they aren't a sh*t load of money either.

ah finally i cna reply!
have you ridden in a zeal equipped car? i was MORE impressed w/ the feel of zeals then the JICs. both had 8/6 kg as well and both were on s13s.

i specifically get my ass in as many people's cars on the track or street so im not talking out of it.

if you rode in zeals and still feel the JICs are better or 'just as good' then alright. otherwise.....

adey
04-02-2003, 09:09 AM
I haven't had a chance to drive/ride in a car with Zeal B6s, but I'd love to. I hear those things are absolutely amazing.

Myself, I have JIC FLT-A2s, and while they're nice, I have to be honest and say I'd rather have B6s. there's just this... aura about them. They're so highly saught after (and so expensive!) ... They were my first choice, Apex and JIC magic were close seconds. I found a good deal on JICs, so that's what I went!

And digity - if you're getting coilovers, don't bother with non dampening adjustables; that basically defeats their purpose. :D I'm with Dousan. Get something that's damening adjustable; you won't regret it!

Digity
04-02-2003, 04:10 PM
Alrighty...thanks for the input guys..i also have my eye on a set of used Kei Office coilovers, the'y're a bit rusty though , so i'm weary on getting them. I don't know if they are blown or not.