PDA

View Full Version : KA Temp gauge

cjones450
05-18-2009, 07:19 AM
Ok guys I got a question iv had my car for about 3 months, its always ran very cold on half on the temp gauge and last night I was headed home and It was getting hot. So I stopped to check and everything was fine but I did notice the temp gauge sensor plug was loose (spinning inside the sensor), the gauge would flucuate when you wiggeled it, so I replaced it today and it is still reading hot. But did notice that when you un-plug the sensor and reconnect it is goes back to half. It is a stock ka with electric fans anyone have any ideas?

projectRDM
05-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Punctuation. Learn where to use it so people can read your post. right now all I see is "aaasskggmririsnflalptooeomdsnhannneetagbdbgfgiofia lleeogjnbabct"

cjones450
05-18-2009, 09:34 AM
^
Fixed somewhat just for you.

projectRDM
05-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Better. It's a new sender, the single prong one? If it's the correct one (S13 and S14 are different) and it goes hot automatically on a cold engine, the gauge is damaged. If it normally heats up as it should but then goes to hot, you've got an air pocket in the cooling system.

cjones450
05-18-2009, 06:45 PM
No the gauge stays half until like 30 min after driving, but when i disconnect the sensor it goes back half. Im stuck so im gunna but a brand new sensor, both sensors i tryed are off an s13 one was auto one was manual