PDA

View Full Version : Airbag warning light issue

S14 n Tsx
05-17-2009, 09:51 PM
My airbag warning light kept on coming on and off every 2 sec. How do I turn it off? I tried to disconnect my battery, but didn't help.

I haven't droven my car in a while, so my battery was dead. I took my battery to autozone to get charged, jump started few times, and now here I'm with this issue. My battery is all charged up, but now stupid light keeps on coming on.

Does my alarm has something to do with it? My CompuStar alarm is a pos... ughhhhhh.

Thanks,

Tony

MADE
05-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Are you trying to reset it?

If so here is a link I used, it worked after a couple tries.

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/163701-my-airbag-light-how-can-i-reset-yes-i-searched.html

TravisSW
05-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Take the gauge cluster out
hide the light in the back
problem solved lol

S14 n Tsx
05-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Are you trying to reset it?

If so here is a link I used, it worked after a couple tries.

http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/163701-my-airbag-light-how-can-i-reset-yes-i-searched.html

thank you!
Take the gauge cluster out
hide the light in the back
problem solved lol
how about I just put a black tape over it? :spank:

s14_mike
05-17-2009, 10:29 PM
easier to just pop out the cluster and just get rid of the light for good, that way when you go aftermarket steering wheel the light still won't be there!

MADE
05-17-2009, 10:36 PM
That would take more time/tools and it might as well funtion properly while he has the complete system intact.(just my opinion) What cause the light to come one would be my first issue to find second would be to reset it.

S14 n Tsx
05-17-2009, 11:51 PM
that method didn't work...hmmm!

S14 n Tsx
05-17-2009, 11:56 PM
open the door, put the key in, turn it to II, press the door button 7 times in 5 sec...

I tried like 5-6 times, but no luck yet.

S14 n Tsx
05-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Should I just disconnect the battery for 20min?

S14 n Tsx
05-18-2009, 01:19 AM
okay, disconnecting battery didn't work either.

S14 n Tsx
05-18-2009, 01:21 AM
That would take more time/tools and it might as well funtion properly while he has the complete system intact.(just my opinion) What cause the light to come one would be my first issue to find second would be to reset it.
hmmm.. I might call a nissan dealer and see if they can do something about that.

alonroz
05-18-2009, 06:24 AM
i was having the same things a while back and nothing worked, i just dosconnected the battery a cuple of times and it suddenly stopped...good luck

projectRDM
05-18-2009, 08:36 AM
When doing the diagnostics, do you get a code? If so, follow the procedure for determining what the code is. If the light just keeps flashing and won't go into diagnostics you either have a faulty component or aren't doing it right.

rokmplutonium
05-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Something might be draining the batt. power still.
Alternator going bad?

projectRDM
05-18-2009, 04:01 PM
Something might be draining the batt. power still.
Alternator going bad?

The airbag and alternator circuits have nothing to do with each other. Nothing.

landins13
05-18-2009, 04:08 PM
s chasis cars have airbags...? or did you put your car on air ride and your indicator lights arent working. i dont get it.

S14 n Tsx
05-18-2009, 07:05 PM
When doing the diagnostics, do you get a code? If so, follow the procedure for determining what the code is. If the light just keeps flashing and won't go into diagnostics you either have a faulty component or aren't doing it right.
Probably not.
The airbag and alternator circuits have nothing to do with each other. Nothing.
Thanks!

I'm actually getting my 5 lug/bbk installed on Wed, so I will ask him to check it for me. He works at Nissan, so he should be able to diagnost my car for me free :wish:... I would probably asking him to check it by using OBDII.

MADE
05-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Haha I told you I had to try it a couple of times! By the way the battery will not help cause I took my battery out for over a week due to other maint and installed it after I was done and the problem was still there. Bump Nissan service cause Mossy Nissan are crooks I know everyone needs money but the tried to charge me 80 bucks to reset it so hopefully your boy hooks you up.

S14 n Tsx
05-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Haha I told you I had to try it a couple of times! By the way the battery will not help cause I took my battery out for over a week due to other maint and installed it after I was done and the problem was still there. Bump Nissan service cause Mossy Nissan are crooks I know everyone needs money but the tried to charge me 80 bucks to reset it so hopefully your boy hooks you up.
I acutally called few dealers, and they were going to charge me $98. shocked. I'm glad that this issue came up before taking it to my buddy who is installing my parts.

What would happen if I just leave it on?

I probably get it fix because that light will drive me nuts, but just wondering what would happen...

TravisSW
05-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Nothing would happen if the airbag left was left on.

Mine blinks. I'm sure mine was deployed and was in an accident, but carfax doesn't show anything and I've takin apart the front of my car. Nothing to show an accident. Good body shop? lol

S14 n Tsx
05-19-2009, 04:13 PM

Mine blinks. I'm sure mine was deployed and was in an accident, but carfax doesn't show anything and I've takin apart the front of my car. Nothing to show an accident. Good body shop? lol
:coolugh: Nice.

Hopefully he can fix it for me, if not, oh well.

JVD
05-19-2009, 04:29 PM

NO.

My old S14 had this problem. I tried the door reset thing. It worked for a bit then came back.

My car was never in an accident. Nissan wanted a ridiculous amount of money to replace some sort of module. Can't remember what it was. I'd just take the bulb out.

Oh... and when I wrote off my car, the airbags DID deploy. So the light doesn't necessarily mean the system isn't functioning properly.