PDA

View Full Version : 95lb injectors with PFC D-Jetro?

mastaflash05
05-14-2009, 08:24 PM
well thats my injector and tuning setup. i am trying to find out the injector latency or lag settings that i need/will need. im just getting into the tuning process and knowing some of these settings will help me out a lot to keep the "figure out" time to a minimum with my tuner. if someone would be willing to share some info with me that would be great!

a bit more info on my setup - its a built s13 sr with gt3582r, tube mani, sheet metal intake mani, hks solid lifters, hks 272 step 3 cams.

fliprayzin240sx
05-15-2009, 11:10 AM
95 lbs to cc is 95 x 10.50 = 997cc...

Check your PFC manual and there should be info in there on how to calculate for the latency and lag settings...

rc1honda
05-15-2009, 12:51 PM
No there is no way to. I replied to this post on Nico. MSD/Bosch/Dlephi hold the latency time as propieitary. It's confidential and there is no equation to calculate it. SteveShadows told me to have mine at +.18 for each cyclinder for my injectors but yours are bigger so maybe if you conatct him he can help you. He also has a cool remote tuning setup for dataloggit. If i had dataloggit i would just go through him.

mastaflash05
05-15-2009, 07:20 PM
i have been going through him and he told me to try to find this info because he had not worked with a setup like this. im not getting very far.

also, the manual is not in english so it is of very little help to me.

steve shadows
05-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Yeah I havent worked with Delphi's much.

Did you check on the in-line resistors and make sure Delphi approves them?

Some Resistors won't work with these types of top feeds.

This is why I am so strong in suggesting 850 side feeds with PFC setups.

Honestly 740 Densos are the biggest I would go.

At that point you are getting to the HP level to need a Haltech or MAP based system anyways. And to control the Inj they are a lot easier to setup for Top feed low impedance.

The Shope that sold you the injectors should be able to tell you what the voltage min is to open the injectors , then I can take this (at least this) to get the lag time.

You can also just try a bunch of different lag times (start at. -.20 and go up form there in .1 intervals) it wont hurt the car if your just reving up a bit without load.

mastaflash05
05-15-2009, 07:45 PM
before changing to pfc and these injectors i ran 72 lb. and an enthalpy rom tune with JWT resistors. they said that these resistors would work with the new injectors. i will email them to see if they can share any more info.

i would rather not have to sell and buy new injectors and ems.