PDA

View Full Version : SR20 Hard to Start when Cold (PLS Help)

Arthas1
05-12-2009, 07:42 PM
I Dont realy understand about the cold start at the other threads.
My car is S13 with SR20Det and its hard to start when it is Cold.
Pls Help . . :ugh:

nissan240
05-13-2009, 01:22 AM
get a new iacv.

driftthis
05-13-2009, 07:19 AM
download a copy of the sr20det FSM online (don't have a link for you - just google it, it's going to be an s14 sr20det fsm, essentially the same thing).

test things before you replace things.

also, search your question in google as well as zilvia for related topics, previously discussed.

supreme_1
05-13-2009, 05:27 PM
check your wiring, theres a wire somewhere in the pass kick that is in charge of firing all cylinders injectors simultaneously, idk what wire it is tho.

my post is probably not going to help you out much at all. sorry

teamsprock
05-14-2009, 11:55 AM
First check the battery voltage, and the voltage getting to the starter, if that voltage is low check your ignition switch.

Then check fuel pressure, if you don't have a gauge have someone try and start your car and feel the fuel return hose and see if you can feel pressure.

Also can you start your car with the pedal to the floor? If you can then check out the IACV and verify that its working correctly.

If none of that helps you find whats wrong then try a power balance test, or check each injector and spark plug to verify they are all working correctly.

The ECU injector driver tells the injectors to fire simultaneously but even without them firing like that the car should start after a couple seconds. But again that can be caused by a bad ignition switch when the contact points wear out.

Arthas1
05-18-2009, 06:50 PM
I have try to put 12volt to the orange wire but nothing change. its still hard to start when its old. anyone here can tell me how to verify the IACV is working correctly?

240sxspeed
05-18-2009, 07:11 PM
check the heat range on your plugs they might be to cold if your not boosting over 15 pounds just stock boost or whatever i would run a 6 range plug in the car but colder plugs are definetly safer on your car