PDA

View Full Version : manual to power door install

Tokona-x
05-12-2009, 05:54 PM
hey whats up i have a s13 with manual doors and mirrors and i want to convert them to power, i already bought the doors and i was able to get what seems to be most of the harness with relays for the install dose anyone have any experience doing this i know its not plug and play but any help is appreciated thanks

ReLiC
05-12-2009, 06:22 PM
There's several threads on here about this already, in case you didn't search.

But anyways, i did this swap myself and it was much easier than i thought it would be. Everything inside the door (rail, motor, etc.) will bolt right on. everything is pre-drilled. And the wiring is also very simple. Just has 2 wires conecting both sides together, power, and ground. If you need anymore info just let me know.

newborn240
05-12-2009, 06:46 PM
i did this whole shit. i think its easier if you make custom wire for power windows, power mirror, and power locks. its less complicated.

and yes u need to search homes. theres lota thread about this

Tokona-x
05-12-2009, 06:47 PM
cool man thanks i did a little searching but what i wanted is someone that did it first hand. thank you. . . yeah i have both doors that i got im going to take my doors off and put the power ones on then do the weiring i also got the harness but that thing is braided to the max ill have to undo it i also got the door timmer what dose that do ? o and did you do the wiring for that power mirros i thought id do that since im gona be there already how do you wire those up.. thanks again

There's several threads on here about this already, in case you didn't search.

But anyways, i did this swap myself and it was much easier than i thought it would be. Everything inside the door (rail, motor, etc.) will bolt right on. everything is pre-drilled. And the wiring is also very simple. Just has 2 wires conecting both sides together, power, and ground. If you need anymore info just let me know.

xs240
05-12-2009, 08:04 PM
man i wana get rid of my power stuff and u wana put it in lol... weight savings galore :D.. i wish i could find some black manual doors locally :D

aoiken3
05-12-2009, 08:41 PM
man i wana get rid of my power stuff and u wana put it in lol... weight savings galore :D.. i wish i could find some black manual doors locally :D

yea. thats what i was going to sayl. lol

Tokona-x
05-13-2009, 01:01 AM

i dont mid the weight i just want the functions lol. . . hey i found a few write ups but there really light an no pics can any one out there turn me in the right direction and lmk what a good write up is at thanks....

NISMO_tuner
05-13-2009, 02:53 AM

Are you socal?
i got perfect black manual doors.

Tokona-x
05-13-2009, 10:26 AM
ok i found a power mirror diagram and power lock all i need is a power window diagram and im set dose any one have one? ? or know where to get one online? ?

here are the links to the diagrams that i found if anyone else needs them. o and if there are mistakes in them feel free to mention them thanks.

mirrors
Garage411: Nissan 240sx Power Mirrors (http://www.garage411.com/MirrorsS13)

locks
Garage411: 240SX Power Door Locks (http://www.garage411.com/DoorLocksS13)

DALAZ_68
05-13-2009, 12:03 PM

seriously right...ive never heard of someone ADDING useless weight into the car...its like if u were MT seatbelts, but...u wanna go AT seatbelts...

CrimsonRockett
05-13-2009, 12:20 PM
seriously right...ive never heard of someone ADDING useless weight into the car...its like if u were MT seatbelts, but...u wanna go AT seatbelts...

Some people just like the convenience of having power windows.

I LOVE them in my daily. Will be converting to manual seat belts though.

In the project car, I'm fine with manual windows.

Tokona-x
05-13-2009, 02:49 PM
thats what im talking about! i just want the convenience man thats all i dont mind the weight. . . . but yeah if any one has that weiring diagram hook me up and if its the complete window, locks and mirrors thats fine too i dont mind all im missing is the window one now........

DALAZ_68
05-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Some people just like the convenience of having power windows.

I LOVE them in my daily. Will be converting to manual seat belts though.

In the project car, I'm fine with manual windows.

thats what im talking about! i just want the convenience man thats all i dont mind the weight. . . . but yeah if any one has that weiring diagram hook me up and if its the complete window, locks and mirrors thats fine too i dont mind all im missing is the window one now........

convinience is another word for to lazy to crank 3-4 times...lol

and atleast CrimsonRockett ur MT seatbelt conversion actually removes weight from the gayness that is the autoseatbelts...10lbs > 40lb :cool:

Tokona-x
05-13-2009, 09:43 PM
if its that big of a big phaking deal to you man ill phaking lose the 40lbs yo! i mean damn thanks for tellin a brotha hes phat lol . . . . .bump still looking for the diagram

convinience is another word for to lazy to crank 3-4 times...lol

and atleast CrimsonRockett ur MT seatbelt conversion actually removes weight from the gayness that is the autoseatbelts...10lbs > 40lb :cool:
[/quote]

artdrifter
05-13-2009, 09:58 PM
making them power only adds problems. I would rather go back to manual. U can always rely n manual

D.Bo
05-13-2009, 10:18 PM
i converted mine to power it was easy....i also swapped the whole chassis harness cause the shell i bought didnt have one

blackrms13
05-13-2009, 10:35 PM
if u have tint, and see cops roll by, u can easily roll the windows down with a touch of a button instead of leaning to the side and crank it down...u know

and yea like said its something nice to have
im thinkin about doing this too...lol, but too lazy

Tokona-x
05-13-2009, 10:39 PM
true that will come in handy cuzz i plan to go dark maybe even limo in the front :bigok:

if u have tint, and see cops roll by, u can easily roll the windows down with a touch of a button instead of leaning to the side and crank it down...u know

and yea like said its something nice to have
im thinkin about doing this too...lol, but too lazy

charlie321
05-13-2009, 10:52 PM
i love the power windows, such ease to open both windows, especially with a bucket seat.

Tokona-x
05-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Ok peeps heres the last piece of the puzzle

window
Manual to Power Windows[s13] - FreshAlloy.com Forums (http://www.freshalloy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141225)

im gona put them in as soon as i get the rest of the parts for my digital climate control. . . . if any one has any extra parts hit me up im looking for the relay and the mix door motor with linkage and thats about it thanks.........

DDDsquad_s13panda
05-15-2009, 01:11 AM
WOW i just bought some power doors from S13TEddy. and seriously i just think its for convenience. driving on the freeway all of a sudden starts raining or w/e. just a push of a button and your dry, beats leaning over and cranking while drivin.. ugh*.

so my perfectly dime piece manual doors will be up in the forsale soon enough. for you "street racers" out there who cares about -20lbs on your car. pffttt....

Tokona-x
05-15-2009, 01:26 AM
exactly i could care less about the weight im, not building a street car and if convenience is is being lazy cuzz i dont want to crank the damn things then ima be lazzzzzy as hell and installing them while being lazzy lol!!!

WOW i just bought some power doors from S13TEddy. and seriously i just think its for convenience. driving on the freeway all of a sudden starts raining or w/e. just a push of a button and your dry, beats leaning over and cranking while drivin.. ugh*.

so my perfectly dime piece manual doors will be up in the forsale soon enough. for you "street racers" out there who cares about -20lbs on your car. pffttt....

jayrawr
05-15-2009, 01:50 AM
haha i wish i had power windows too. reaching over is gettin to me now. i didnt mind at first, now i do. AND girls laugh about manual windows . sometimes good sometimes bad. haha.

projectRDM
05-15-2009, 07:53 AM
You guys realize that the only difference between manual and power are the motors and a few wires, right? It's *maybe* 7-8lbs added weight, and you can loose that by just taking a good shit in the morning. I know some guys are all about the hardcore lightweight track cars but it's not like you're adding A/C or a power sunroof, it's negligible weight you're talking about.

As for them being more problematic, the S13 regulator uses a cable drive system, both manual and power are known to have frayed cables or broken wheels on the regulator so there's no downside to power. Motors are cheap at salvage yards and easy as hell to come by.

xs240
05-15-2009, 08:29 AM
holy crap maybe 7-8lbs.... thats a shit load to me lol. I care about losing 1lbs everywhere I can. Car is stripped and always keeps getting strippier... weight is the devil. If I had money I'd be like kognition... his car is awesome.

DDDsquad_s13panda
05-15-2009, 11:18 AM
get fiberglass doors and quite crying if weight is a big issue...

Tokona-x
05-15-2009, 03:03 PM
damn dude that must be a mean shit lol .....

You guys realize that the only difference between manual and power are the motors and a few wires, right? It's *maybe* 7-8lbs added weight, and you can loose that by just taking a good shit in the morning. I know some guys are all about the hardcore lightweight track cars but it's not like you're adding A/C or a power sunroof, it's negligible weight you're talking about.

As for them being more problematic, the S13 regulator uses a cable drive system, both manual and power are known to have frayed cables or broken wheels on the regulator so there's no downside to power. Motors are cheap at salvage yards and easy as hell to come by.

DDDsquad_s13panda
05-15-2009, 08:54 PM
fuck tryin to get a the auto harness for the doors, im ghetto riggin that..

i will try and help you figure shit out when i get mine done.. still gotta grab panels and switches

Tokona-x
05-16-2009, 12:54 AM
yeah hit me up with some pointers man thanks . . . .o and i just wanted the diagrams so i had something to go off of like a just in case back up plan lol didnt want to be walking around in the dark . . . .

fuck tryin to get a the auto harness for the doors, im ghetto riggin that..

i will try and help you figure shit out when i get mine done.. still gotta grab panels and switches

Tokona-x
05-18-2009, 02:10 PM
small prob im in the middle of doing this and there some wires that are not marked on the diagrams that i have. . like the two wires going to the door latch where do they go to and what do they do?

Update ...all done and wired up no problems and got all functions to work!!!!!! ........i dont give a shit about the weight as long as it works lol......if anyone needs help hit me up with a pm ....