PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what this relay is ?

opticnerv
05-10-2009, 01:17 AM
I crossed my battery cables, and as a result I toasted all my fuses. I replaced all my fuses, but now I don't get any spark from the ignition coil.

Can this be the problem ? if so what is it called ?

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l105/mrstatyana/DSC04636.jpg
This is a zoomed out view I know it's a relay but which relay specifically ?
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l105/mrstatyana/DSC04635.jpg

I really think this could be the source of the problem since all my fuses work.

surreybc
05-10-2009, 03:22 AM
condensor/resistor. the fsm has some specs to test.

fliprayzin240sx
05-10-2009, 08:31 PM
No spark after crossing your battery cables...most of the time you either fry the ECU or the igniter chip.

opticnerv
05-10-2009, 10:57 PM
I tried a spare ignition coil that came attached to a wiring harness I bought back in the day and that one didn't work too. What are the chances they are both beat ?? Also an igniter chip is the connecter piece on the ignition coil right ?

toointoxicated62
05-11-2009, 04:20 PM
from the looks of it you have dohc ka you wouldnt have an ignitor chip you have a coil. the fsm has instruction on how to test that part look it up

surreybc
05-11-2009, 08:08 PM
the ignitor chip is visible in picture. the plug plugs into it.

opticnerv
05-14-2009, 04:37 PM
I found the problem !! It was the crank angle sensor the connector got loose !!

mcx
01-02-2019, 07:36 AM
...I found this old thread and was hoping if someone could verify if this resistor and condenser combo can prevent the car from starting? My daughter owns a 1991 Stanza with the ka24e single cam...nice peppy car...anyway, it cranks but won't fire...tested it and it has no spark at any plug, no spark at coil, tested the igniter and it fine...its showing ECU code 5-5, which is good...I'm leaning towards the distributor and its internal cranks angle sender but than the manual mentions the resistor and condensor in the picture above....the factory Stanza manual doesn't tell how to test it? My understanding is it's only purpose is to eliminate radio noise? Anyone with more info would be greatly appreciated...Happy New Year.