Congrats bro. The fun has just started!

cdigity
03-28-2003, 06:51 PM
that kkk k27 spools up super fast!
cant wait to run it at 10-12 p.s.i.
with it fully tuned.

RacerBoi
03-28-2003, 07:41 PM
Are your going to run 10-12 psi on stock injectors? Do you plan to build the engine at all. Im piecing together a kit and want to get as many examples of KA-Ts as possible. Luckly there are alot on this board.

cdigity
03-28-2003, 07:56 PM
im gonna run 1- - 12 p.s.i.
with the 2 extra injectors in conjunction
with my stock injectors.
i dont wanna change normal driveability
thats why i still have stock injectors
the 2 extra ones will fill in where needed(440 each)

Fibercus
03-28-2003, 08:10 PM
Stock ECU or JWT / upgraded?

How in the heck to you piggyback 2 injectors onto the 4 ? im still learning

AceInHole
03-28-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Fibercus
Stock ECU or JWT / upgraded?

How in the heck to you piggyback 2 injectors onto the 4 ? im still learning

Sorry for jackin the thread :p

He has a stock ECU from what I know, with an extra injector controller (forgot which one) to control the additional injectors. His setup has one injector before the turbo to cool the intake charge a bit, and another injector before the TB to add fuel under boost. He's also got a Walbro fuel pump and a Vortech Super FMU. All in all, he's got a lot to work with, and all of his adjustments will only affect the boost side, leaving everything during non-boost compltetely fueled by stock components. Not a bad idea, but getting it to run perfectly will take some time and dyno tuning with a WB O2 (unless I ever get off my ass and make my own WB O2 and let him borrow it for a few runs :p )

Anyways:
So did changine the setup help your idle?? Looks like you've redone the AICV and breather lines. I'm really wondering if the AICV line should be on the boost side though. You might be leaking boost and not know it :confused:
How's the BOV?? Are you getting rich between shifts??

It's looking good... I think it looked better with the red hoses up front. It matched your plugs and stuff. The wire loom looks cheesier than the red. Even so, as long as it works right?? I'll stop by the store on saturday maybe and check it out. Take a better side by side shot cause I just put my rims back on :D

http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~corrales/240/engine_swap/part_VII/2x_kats.jpg

As a last note: that air filter I bought is junk. Ended up having to buy a paper element filter, cause the foam sucks into itself and chokes the car BAD. I'll pop it on and show you when I get back to the New Haven area.

cdigity
03-28-2003, 08:28 PM
stock ecu
split-second makes an extra injector controller
its windows based and has real-time programing
the module is boost dependant and increases
the fuel flow out of the 2 extra injectors as the boost
p.s.i. goes up. thats what im using to compensate for the extra
fuel needed

AceInHole
03-28-2003, 08:30 PM
lol... my whole post almost for nothin :P

cdigity
03-28-2003, 08:33 PM
ace,
bring that filter back and ill give you your $$$ back
sorry man!(first time with that brand)
i have an injen filter ill give you instead
i put the loom there for now
im actually gonna run all stainless braided hoses for everything
micah came by today, and i took him for a ride
your set-up is lookin hella better!!
the black piping goes well

AceInHole
03-28-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by cdigity
ace,
bring that filter back and ill give you your $$$ back
sorry man!(first time with that brand) yeah we'll see how it goes. the box got crushed in my backseat though.... we'll work something out i'm sure. May need some new dash bulbs, and I never got the chance to try the LED ones you had :P (dunno if you still have them though).

thanks for the compliments on my setup. i spent some time and fabbed some sheilds for all the firewall lines. just got a fre more things to tie down and it should be set untill i get the new turbo :D

what'd micah say about your car?? I've taken him for rides at 4psi, but never really got on it when he was in the car. I wonder what his impression was having been in 2 different KAt cars.

can't wait to put the cars side by side again!!

Fibercus
03-28-2003, 08:46 PM
Wow, very interesting. Sounds like a clean / thurough setup. Now that you have 1-12 psi, did it give you car that extr pull (turbo pull) that gets the heart pumping? hehe

cdigity
03-28-2003, 08:46 PM
dont worry bout the box.
i"ll send that **** right back!!
i just wanna make sure you get the right stuff.
micah was just smiling for the ride
i didnt really get on it cause i still havent tuned
those extra injectors
i replaced my old hks b.o.v. with the s.s.b.o.v.
that thing is loud as hell!!
you gotta come by and go for a ride.
between the b.o.v. and the open wastegate
it sounds pretty cool!!!

cdigity
03-28-2003, 08:47 PM
sorry, i meant 10 - 12 p.s.i.(typo)

AceInHole
03-28-2003, 09:03 PM
dont worry bout the box.
i"ll send that **** right back!!
i just wanna make sure you get the right stuff.
micah was just smiling for the ride
i didnt really get on it cause i still havent tuned
those extra injectors
i replaced my old hks b.o.v. with the s.s.b.o.v.
that thing is loud as hell!!
you gotta come by and go for a ride.
between the b.o.v. and the open wastegate
it sounds pretty cool!!!

yeah. i definitely gotta go for a ride. maybe i'll crank my boost up to 7 for the occasion.... 4psi is already getting lame, and with the new fuel control (shaped MAF spacers) the car has been running great! hopefully tomorrow afternoon i'll stop by and maybe bring rob ("thon", with the SR... lol, grrrrr) with me. mini turbo meet at stereoworks or something :D

cdigity
03-28-2003, 09:08 PM
"SOUNDWORKS" there is actually a stereoworks nearby(my old partners) oh the horror!dont get confused! they're not into the import scene.
put your car at 7 p.s.i. and we'll show Thon the power of the KA!!
USDM style!!!
(In my book,torque is king!!)

cdigity
03-28-2003, 09:18 PM
CT is home of the KA-T
i think per capita we have the most ka-t's around!
lol,lol

240racer
03-28-2003, 11:06 PM
yeah I was wondering about the breather hose too. When I had that on the boost side, it gave me problems. I had lots of smoke and I think it caused my valve cover gasket to go out. Now I just run it out the bottom of my car because I'm lazy and don't care. Maybe when I go to the track I'll throw it into a catch can. I don't have enough room to run it before the turbo and I didn't really want that crap going through the turbo anyway.

AceInHole
03-28-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by 240racer
yeah I was wondering about the breather hose too. When I had that on the boost side, it gave me problems. I had lots of smoke and I think it caused my valve cover gasket to go out. Now I just run it out the bottom of my car because I'm lazy and don't care. Maybe when I go to the track I'll throw it into a catch can. I don't have enough room to run it before the turbo and I didn't really want that crap going through the turbo anyway.

his breather is on the non compressed side. i'm worried about the AICV.....

cdigity
03-29-2003, 06:46 AM
the car idles fine now.
no stuttering or fluctuation.
it goes down some when im coming off
the throttle to a stop, but quickly recovers
i dont have any of those open b.o.v.
problems either.

AceInHole
03-29-2003, 10:50 AM
that's good to hear. it's a good thing the HKS BOV is closed at idle.... that probably helps a lot with the open BOV setup.

boosteds14
03-29-2003, 11:55 AM
CT is home of the KA-T
i think per capita we have the most ka-t's around!
lol,lol

ya ill be done soon, ill take you a ride in my car at 30psi. you'll never want to grive your car again:p

AceInHole
03-29-2003, 12:42 PM
i have a feeling that at least one time we're gonna have to get all the CT KAt's together for a meet :D

240racer
03-29-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by AceInHole
his breather is on the non compressed side. i'm worried about the AICV.....

Doesn't the breather enter into that tube with a Tee? It looks like there is a tube going from right in front of the throttle body to before the turbo that the breather tees into? maybe I can't tell since I'm not there. I don't have any AICV left, all that stuff is gone.