PDA

View Full Version : RB25 Thermal Transmitter

xxnak219xx
05-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Anyone have a clue on where I can get a new RB25 Thermal Transmitter... or by any chance is there any other car that uses a compatible one? The top of mine is cracked off... I don't know how many wires it has and how/where they connect to the transmitter... Is there a way to wire it up/fix it even with the top half missing?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kevin

ANVIL
05-06-2009, 09:43 AM
i have no idea what a thermal transmitter is. im guessing its a coolant temp sensor? if it is im pretty sure you can use the same ones that were in your ka. if not someone school me on what it is

spikee306
05-06-2009, 11:56 AM
yeah i believe you can use the one from the KA and it should be good to go.

xxnak219xx
05-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Well there's two sensors... One is the Coolant Temp Sensor and the smaller one next to it is, according to the FSM, is called the Thermal Transmitter... One is for the gauge cluster and one is for the ECU... problem is I'm not sure which is which...

ANVIL
05-06-2009, 04:08 PM
the one with one wire is for the gauge cluster, and the bigger one is for the ecu

the one wire, you want to get the one that matches the stock vehicle so your gauges will read it properly. but just to warn you, its not very accurate... i highly recommend to get an aftermarket gauge especially with an RB

xxnak219xx
05-06-2009, 04:47 PM
the one with one wire is for the gauge cluster, and the bigger one is for the ecu

the one wire, you want to get the one that matches the stock vehicle so your gauges will read it properly. but just to warn you, its not very accurate... i highly recommend to get an aftermarket gauge especially with an RB

That is actually perfect then... I'm not worried at all about the gauge cluster, like you said it's inaccurate anyway, I just wanted to make sure I have the one that the ECU needs...
Thanks,
Kevin