PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with GT3582R on an SR20DET ???

Master Chief
05-05-2009, 01:32 PM
I was looking in going for one of those.
My engine is fully built etc, but only 2022cc.
I also have Tomei's 260's.

I was wondering if anyone is runing one of those on a 2l engine.
Whats the spool like, at what RPM do you get full boost ?
How's the boost rebuild between gears ?

Whats the MAX power, torque you got from it and at what boost ?

My ultimate goal is a streight power curve, accross the largest RPM range possible. Preferably a 500hp power curve.

steve shadows
05-05-2009, 09:26 PM
I would suggest a GT3076R

Much better, the turbo is still capable of true 500 WHP max (on Brake Eddy Dyno) and over 550 WHP on roller dynos.

It spools up MUCH faster than the bigger GT35R varient, Unless you try to compromise by runnig a stock SR intake manifold, lighter flywheel and a very oversized TB this will help get the GT35R to a more useable level with a 2.0L SR.

From my experience the GT3076R is more than enough and the car is actually faster in races against GT35R cars, from slow starts and 1/4 miles becuase the torque band is wider and more usable and about the same at the wheels if both motors are the same.

A GT35R or GT3582R is a perfect match for a 2.2 liter SR. This would be an excellent combo and spool up similar to a GT3076R on a 2.0 SR

I am actually planning on building another SR car in a year or so with this setup. It's just ridiculous amount of power especially if the car is under the 2500 LB Curb Weight mark...

Enjoy either way

s15specR
05-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Just bought one with a peakboost mani, waiting on lines which should be here tomorrow before its running, will let you know the outcome.

Planning on doing a 2.2L when I get a little more cash.

juggernaut1
05-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Agreed with Steve - the 3076 is probably better all round turbo for street and drag. One guy in Australia is running a 10.7 quarter at 134 mph with HKS 3037 (aka 3076) in his street S13 at 19 psi on pump gas.

He's aim is for a 10.4 with over 140 mph with E85, bigger ex housing and pre-turbo water injection - insane times from this turbo which were traditionally the domain of a GT35.

Here's a vid of his 10.7 run.

YouTube - 10 second S13 Silvia on radial tyres with in-car footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IeKxj0Ws2w&feature=channel_page)

WoolyS14DET
05-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Just bought one with a peakboost mani, waiting on lines which should be here tomorrow before its running, will let you know the outcome.

Planning on doing a 2.2L when I get a little more cash.

Doing big things !!:snoop:

steve shadows
05-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Agreed with Steve - the 3076 is probably better all round turbo for street and drag. One guy in Australia is running a 10.7 quarter at 134 mph with HKS 3037 (aka 3076) in his street S13 at 19 psi on pump gas.

He's aim is for a 10.4 with over 140 mph with E85, bigger ex housing and pre-turbo water injection - insane times from this turbo which were traditionally the domain of a GT35.

Here's a vid of his 10.7 run.

YouTube - 10 second S13 Silvia on radial tyres with in-car footage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IeKxj0Ws2w&feature=channel_page)

Exaclty, because of the lotal lack of drop off in boost between shifts and easy power delivery and very broad F-up proof power band (it is peaky and you still get the big turbo surge) you can run slightly faster 1/4 times compared to GT3040 or GT3582R guys a lot of the time.

Again testament to Australian Steady State dyno tuning! and the right sized turbos, you guys really do know how to do it right.

My race/street car that is for sale (in my sig) actually posted low elevens at 17 psi on 91 octane, and after I re-tune we pegged 10s on street slicks witha G meter, but never got a chance to go back...AND THAT WAS ONLY ON PUMP GAS!!!

Turn the sucker up to 25 psi with a little race gas and you will see low 10s on a 76R power SR with the right kind of tune of course.

BTW I used to have T61/T3 which is a none ball bearing GT35R (except the turbine wheel is not quite GT Garrett) but still the difference was night in day in response, however you do have some more top end balls on the T61 or GT3582R Compressor wheel so it is an excellent turbo for Highway/Top Speed and if you have your gearing right on a two liter will be just as efficent for drag with much more power potential when you get higher up into the efficiency island of the turbo....

s15specR
05-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Doing big things !!:snoop:

LOL ! you know it, I'm buying parts and piecing together the 2.2L to support the GT35r, I went with the .63AR right now in efforts to help spool, later on I plan to switch to the .82AR though. Changed from the Tomei 260's to the 270's, we'll see how that works out. But weren't you switching turbo setup as well ?

Master Chief
05-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Steve, as you remeber, i had the Gt3071 on a low mount, and got 457hp at 20 psi from it, on a dyna pack.
Not sure how this compares to the dynos you talk about, i wanted to reach the 500-550 marks, on the dynapack i ran on.

On the previous setup, i had a serious drop in torque after 6600 - and basicly that limited my power.

I realize the Turbo was pretty much maxed out.

I am sure that my problem was the small turbine wheel, of the T25 GT30 version.
A true GT30 (60mm turbine wheel), would probably get me closer to my goal, but i bet, i would once again be at the limits of the turbo.

I originaly thaught about GT35 with a 0.63 AR, but after making some calculations, i realized that it would have a smaller turbine housing than the GT30 0.86 AR - and probably again, would be at the limit for my goals.

A GT35 0.82, would get me where i want, i belive, with plenty of head room, and lower boost, than what i would need to run on a GT3076.

I realize that spool would be later, but i dont think it will be much later.
Considering that gear changes are always about 5500rpm, the only concern would be boost recovery between gears, and thats what iam asking about here.

Eventualy i will be looking at higher revs, and a GT30 will pretty much start to choke, over 7000RPM on a 2L engine.

i want to see a streight as possible torque curve, to most RPM possible.
I dont know if a GT30 would do this for me.

"It spools up MUCH faster than the bigger GT35R varient, Unless you try to compromise by runnig a stock SR intake manifold, lighter flywheel and a very oversized TB this will help get the GT35R to a more useable level with a 2.0L SR."

I didnt understand the logic in what you said here - whay would that spool faster ?

Also forgot to mention, i am actualy planing on a SYNAPSE TIAL VBAND manifold - and the GT35 for power, and a smallet GT for response for Auto X and drifting.
The Vband's will allow me to easyli change between the turbos, as needed.
This is why i dont what to get a "compromise" turbo for my needs.
I want to get what will serve me best, for the specific task.
GT35 for power.

So, how about it guys - some more experiences with the GT35's ???

s15specR
05-07-2009, 07:00 AM
There's a local featured on modified mag or import tuner that's running a GT35r, CP Pistons, Hybrid Dynamics Manifold and other supporting mods, at low boost he's at 500whp tuned by batlground. Wlabro was cutting out so he's waiting for the upgrade.

Master Chief
05-08-2009, 10:22 AM
Any chance i can see that, or meaby you can post he's specs. etc... Manifold, Turbo A/R, etc ???

Thanks.

nissan240sxkid
05-09-2009, 10:31 PM
I have a 35r with a t4 1.06 ar hosing that full rae was selling for a while...so yes I have a twin scroll t4 mani...it spools fast I think full boost at mid to late 4k and Im only running 18lb to break in motor and it made 420 whp with the tomei 270...looks like I will make t past 600whp with race gas...I would of liked a smallr ar but they didnt have one for the 35r at the time...drifting and lag and what eer dosent seem to be a problem I think it works better then my 2871r

Master Chief
05-10-2009, 10:36 AM
You didnt mention if it is a 2L engine, or more - but that sounds really interesting.
With the 1.06 A/R Spooling late 4K's, sounds really good.
Being a twin scroll , defenetly helps you - i wonder if me having a smaller A/R, would balance out with the fact that i dont have a twin scroll.

Spool before 5000, would be great.

At what ype of dyno did you get those numbers ? How much torque, and at what RPM was the top HP achived ?

How is the boost recap, beween gear changes, etc ?

Thanks.

ross.cottrill
05-26-2009, 10:02 PM
I have a 35r with a t4 1.06 ar hosing that full rae was selling for a while...so yes I have a twin scroll t4 mani...it spools fast I think full boost at mid to late 4k and Im only running 18lb to break in motor and it made 420 whp with the tomei 270...looks like I will make t past 600whp with race gas...I would of liked a smallr ar but they didnt have one for the 35r at the time...drifting and lag and what eer dosent seem to be a problem I think it works better then my 2871r

can you please post a dyno?