PDA

View Full Version : High idle iacv problem

toointoxicated62
05-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Ive been trying to fix my high idle, it idles at 2k currently. :spank: I checked the wiring and im about to double check it. But the iacv screw is all the way down. Unpluging the blue wire from it doesnt drop the idle at all but taking the hose the runs to it and pluging it does drop it down to about 1.5k so is it stuck open? Would running throotle bottle cleaner fix it without wrecking the electroics?

The car is a s13 with a dohc ka.

Thanks for your time.

aacaac
05-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Ive been trying to fix my high idle, it idles at 2k currently. :spank: I checked the wiring and im about to double check it. But the iacv screw is all the way down. Unpluging the blue wire from it doesnt drop the idle at all but taking the hose the runs to it and pluging it does drop it down to about 1.5k so is it stuck open? Would running throotle bottle cleaner fix it without wrecking the electroics?

The car is a s13 with a dohc ka.

Thanks for your time.

If you plugged the air supply to iacv and you still have 1500 rpm , you have at least one more source of air. Plug the air supply hose at front before it reaches the iacv or air regulator.

Anyway, race the car at 2000 rpm for 30 seconds and watch for any slowing to suggest air leaks.

Doesnt all the air come from the iacv unit during idle. if you plug the iacv unit, that cuts off all the air? throttle is closed. air regulator should be closed. plug the main hose at front of car, idle should die?

If you unplug the electic plug to air regulator, idle should go up as it is normally open. It only stays closed as long as it has power .

Drftr915
05-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Litte off topic but i need to replace my IAC and was wondering if anyone knows where i can find a layout of the procedure or if someone can tell me the order of what needs to come off the motor.

Drftr915
05-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Send me a pm

toointoxicated62
05-04-2009, 05:52 PM
If you plugged the air supply to iacv and you still have 1500 rpm , you have at least one more source of air. Plug the air supply hose at front before it reaches the iacv or air regulator.

Anyway, race the car at 2000 rpm for 30 seconds and watch for any slowing to suggest air leaks.

Doesnt all the air come from the iacv unit during idle. if you plug the iacv unit, that cuts off all the air? throttle is closed. air regulator should be closed. plug the main hose at front of car, idle should die?

If you unplug the electic plug to air regulator, idle should go up as it is normally open. It only stays closed as long as it has power .

the iacv solenoid only uses ground. theres an adjustment screw for the trottle so its not always fully closed. It idles a 2k with the iacv connected. disconnecting the hose from the intake that connects to it drops the idle down to 1.5k. Disconnecting the blue plug to the IACV doesnt affect anything. I dont know the wire colors right now but i can check if its that important.

aacaac
05-04-2009, 06:19 PM
the iacv solenoid only uses ground. theres an adjustment screw for the trottle so its not always fully closed. It idles a 2k with the iacv connected. disconnecting the hose from the intake that connects to it drops the idle down to 1.5k. Disconnecting the blue plug to the IACV doesnt affect anything. I dont know the wire colors right now but i can check if its that important.

the blue plug is the ficd which is only on with air conditioning. you obviously have some kind of vaccum leak. even if air regulator was open, it would only give you 300 rpm. when you plug your iacv you plug all the legal air. maybe your throttle is stuck open so clean it. the adjustment screw for throttle is forbidden to be touched. you have 1500 rpm of air to account for.

toointoxicated62
05-04-2009, 06:29 PM
i dont see the ficd in the eccs wiring diagram

aacaac
05-04-2009, 06:47 PM
i dont see the ficd in the eccs wiring diagram

it doesnt matter. you plugged the air supply to the iacv unit so the ficd , the idle valve and the aac valve have no air. you have to look elsewhere to find the 1500 rpm. the fact that you lost 500 rpm by blocking the iacv is normal if not a low drop. the air regulator is a separate valve but as i said it only supplies 300 rpm so it cant be the culprit.

toointoxicated62
05-04-2009, 07:11 PM
it doesnt matter. you plugged the air supply to the iacv unit so the ficd , the idle valve and the aac valve have no air. you have to look elsewhere to find the 1500 rpm. the fact that you lost 500 rpm by blocking the iacv is normal if not a low drop. the air regulator is a separate valve but as i said it only supplies 300 rpm so it cant be the culprit.

again aac valve isnt in the eccs wiring diagram again lol.. what motor are you talking for? i had the motor in the parts car running and was idling right. all lines are hooked up minus the line i taken out when i did that.

aacaac
05-04-2009, 07:31 PM
again aac valve isnt in the eccs wiring diagram again lol.. what motor are you talking for? i had the motor in the parts car running and was idling right. all lines are hooked up minus the line i taken out when i did that.

im talking the dohc ka24de s13. you blocked all legit air to the idle when you blocked the air hose going to iacv unit. the idle should be zero. the electicrial integrity of the ficd or aac valves is irrelevant at this point. air is coming from somewhere else. spray carb on your hoses etc to see if idle spikes.

Def
05-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Sounds like you have a bad vacuum leak somewhere post TB.