PDA

View Full Version : FMIC install -> Boost problem

dex
05-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Hey, i'm quite new to messing around with my engine, it's been stock for the past year and a half. I installed a fmic 2 weeks ago and immediately ran into a boost problem... I run infinite boost as if no pressure at all was sended to the wastegate. I bought a Manual Boost Controller and tried to fix it, still doesn't do anything, my best bet is that I have too many Ts from the throttle body to the wastegate, but have no idea how to fix the shit

Would anyone of you please have any ideas how I can fix this thing? Here is a pic of my engine bay to help out... Thanks!!

First vacuum (small/green) : TB (tee) To Boost gauge (tee) to BOV to MBC to Wastegate
Second vacuum (big/red) : TB (tee) to carbon canister and to Solenoid

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7011/sdc11314.jpg

Btw, I do know that it is certainly the most ghetto installation you ever saw. I want everything to work first, then I'll be changing the hoses and connectors to some pretty ones.
:hide:

Addicted2Kouki
05-05-2009, 01:17 AM
Easiest solution is to buy one of those vacuum fittings that you tap into any silicone hose.

Then tap it in the elbow right out of the turbo, straight to the wastegate.
Instantaneous response.

Cheaper way is to organize your vacuum lines.
The boost gauge can be T'd off the nipple next to the throttle body that connects to the fuel rail.
I cant really tell where any of your other vacuum lines are going or coming from so I would have to look at it.