PDA

View Full Version : IACV Nipples

XperienceM5G
04-30-2009, 07:10 PM
Sorry this questions has probably been asked before but I searched the forum and really couldn't find what I was looking for.

Anyways could anyone help by telling me where the two nipples on my IAC valve connect to? I have an 89 240 with a blacktop SR. The IACV is connected for the most part, looks clean, but the two nipples next to each other are not connected to anything. Any help would be awesome as I'm at a bit of a loss.

garagelu
04-30-2009, 07:13 PM
those are coolant ports. They go down to the coolant hoses under your intake manifold.

XperienceM5G
05-01-2009, 03:10 AM
okay, i'll check it out. thanks

didderson
05-03-2009, 10:14 PM
You don't need to connect them if you just block off the coolant line junctions on the main lines themselves. This is just to create a warm engine faster, same effect as the throttle body cooling lines.

Not running these can add horsepower especially with the addition of a thermal intake gasket.

datboibrad
05-05-2009, 10:15 PM
call me crazy but i thought those where required for the iacv to even work? could have sworn the heat from the coolant is read by the iacv which in return determines how warmed up the engine is thus setting the idle? have i been completely wrong about this?

japslapsilvia
05-06-2009, 07:17 AM
You don't need to connect them if you just block off the coolant line junctions on the main lines themselves. This is just to create a warm engine faster, same effect as the throttle body cooling lines.

Not running these can add horsepower especially with the addition of a thermal intake gasket.

WRONG!

IACV uses the coolant to determine cold idle. thats what its for. if you are using IACV connect to coolant lines.

The lines for throttle body are just for cold climate situations and are not needed

s14unimog
05-07-2009, 09:01 AM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! You said the same dumb ass comment twice! :wtf:

http://zilvia.net/f/2783998-post6.html

XperienceM5G
05-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Lol, well thanks guys. I'll hook it up to my coolant lines as soon as I get some free time from work.