PDA

View Full Version : Sr20det wont rev past 2500

JohnnyDrfiter22
04-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Ive searched and idk what to say, no ones problems seems to be like mine.
Here goes, My SR starts up right away, idles perfectly than once I give it any kind of throttle it wont rev past 2500 rpms. I just replace my SR MAF with a SOHC MAf, still no changes. The only thing that i really noticed is that my lower rad hose isnt really getting warm at all. I have a nismo thermo, koyo rad so idk. My car is running off and Apexi NEO btw. idk i need help. Maybe when i unplugged my battery my apexi neo settings are now messed up. any suggestions, ideas would be great.

slothonaleash
04-30-2009, 06:21 PM
why'd you replace your sr maf with an sohc maf?

It sounds like a maf issue--check the wiring to your maf

DRIFTING_SIL_EIGHTY
04-30-2009, 06:25 PM
If you can only access a sohc maf. You have to re-pin the plug.

SOHC MAF PIN SR WIRE COLOR FUNCTION
A Black / White +12V (Power)
B Black MAF Ground
C White MAF Signal

Thank you FRSport.
SR20DET Swap Engine Harness Wiring Diagram Guide SR SR20 (http://www.frsport.com/sr20det-swap-engine-harness-wiring-guide-sr20-p-665.html)

truaznflipboi
04-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaa...my SR was doing the same thing when it was on a neo. I got the neo installed and dyno tuned the same day. It ran fine that day, but the next day it turned on, idled fine, but when i tried to drive it, the car wouldn't go pass 2500. So I changed everything to no avail, then the next day, the car just started to work fine. I dunno maybe the ecu was trying to adapt to the neo maybe??

s14xman
04-30-2009, 07:10 PM
sounds like MAF issue like stated above. Check the wiring, then recheck

soon2bs13
04-30-2009, 07:58 PM
^ i agree.

I am not sure if the SR MAF has 4 wires like the RB MAF, but the RB had 2 wires that were almost identical (black, black/white) and I just switched the two and I could rev without it being in limp mode.

flip3d
04-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Is it just me or this just another one of those threads?

+1 for maf issue.

soon2bs13
04-30-2009, 08:31 PM
I am not sure.

There is just too many lost pages of useful knowledge and it is hard to sort out through the chatter.

kapowerhicomp1
04-30-2009, 08:36 PM
Ive searched and idk what to say, no ones problems seems to be like mine.
Here goes, My SR starts up right away, idles perfectly than once I give it any kind of throttle it wont rev past 2500 rpms. I just replace my SR MAF with a SOHC MAf, still no changes. The only thing that i really noticed is that my lower rad hose isnt really getting warm at all. I have a nismo thermo, koyo rad so idk. My car is running off and Apexi NEO btw. idk i need help. Maybe when i unplugged my battery my apexi neo settings are now messed up. any suggestions, ideas would be great.get a new maf...... same shit on my car.. but now car runs great......