PDA

View Full Version : Seized spark plug on sr...PLEASE HELP!!

TeamRush42
03-26-2003, 02:37 PM
:confused: Ok last friday i drove to maryland to get a 89hatch w/an sr20 well yesterday i decided to change the plugs (bad desicion) the 1st 3 came out without a hitch but the damn 4th one fu@ked my sr20det world up... I tried to turn it but it didnt seem like it was turning. I thought it was just in there very tight so i kept trying and then it finally started to unscrew (so i thought ) well apparently the inside of the plug broke off and came out but the threads stayed in...here is a pic for refrence...

:( basically the threads are still in there so if you know any way I can get them out with out removing the head please let me know... if not please give me any advice on removing the head...thanks in advance...o and i found the FSM on this site but does anyone know where i can download a haynes manuel online too...thanks again...

Foxcolt
03-26-2003, 02:56 PM
holy moly that focking sucks!!

Either way not too big of a deal. Just find a pair of long THIN needle nose pliers. If you carefull enough you'll be able to get in there and grab the spark plug strap at the end. Then just unscrew that sucker out!

OR

Put JB weld on the contact points of the sparkplug and the thread ring being carefull not to let it touch the head. Stick in leave overnight and screw out!

TeamRush42
03-26-2003, 03:08 PM
ok i already tried the first thing but it didnt work...i mean i was using a socket to try to get it out and that broke the plug in the first place so then i realized that some long nn plyers wouldnt work either...I did try it but it didnt work...

And i thought about stuffing the hole wit jbweld but i wasent to sure about getting it out...how would i screw out the jb weld?...i guess its worth a shot cause worst case scenerio would be that i have to take the head off which i would probably have to do anyway...but if i did do that i know some pieces would break off and go down the cylinder so what would i use to get it out (guess i will cross that bridge when i get there)...thanks for the help so far....anyone else???

TeamRush42
03-26-2003, 03:11 PM
more pics

TeamRush42
03-26-2003, 03:12 PM
another pics

TeamRush42
03-26-2003, 03:14 PM
just one more...sorry i dont know how to post multiple pics