PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problems in my S14 please help

starfireS14
03-26-2003, 01:05 PM
Ok here's whats up. I have a 97 240sx and started having problems with the electrical system, radio was shorting out lights weren't coming on. My mechanic replaced the alternator everything was good for about two days then it went back to square one. I'm going to have the electrical system checked tommorow as of right now the battery is dead car wont start. Did anyone have similar problems with their S14. I'm thinking that the alternator I got might be bad. Well anyone with any info please reply

SimpleS14
03-26-2003, 05:33 PM
I had the same case with my factory stereo. For awhile it would just cut off or not work at all. Sometimes it would be on but not functional...until one day I cranked up my car all funny. Anywho....I just got a new stereo and since then....no problems.

But I dunno about your case.....

starfireS14
03-26-2003, 06:01 PM
Well I'm having the electrical system checked tommorow. So hopefully we can pinpoint the problem.

theFlowMasta
03-26-2003, 06:58 PM
hahha....i have the probelm right now, my friend was puting in my new deck/stereo and he touched 2 wires and the dash clock went out, after that just a few days ago my lights in the whole car wont ture on, wen my lights turn on at nights, its completely black, my altonaor tension broke a while ago and i didnt see n e diffrences, but im really ticked that my lights in the car dont light up and the dash clock is out, yea if n e one knows how to fix it great, that would help too./....

starfireS14
03-27-2003, 11:17 AM
thanks for the input problem solved there was a loose connection in fusible link box.