PDA

View Full Version : Impact: Making Colorado Not Suck

denvemolorado
04-30-2009, 09:18 AM
I imagine very few people will read/see this, but to those of you who do...

Colorado = huge fail right now, imo...lets fix this. I've posted a bit on codrift.org, so some of you may know me.

I work at Pikes Peak International Raceway in Fountain and I want to create a bitchin drift community / scene here in Colorado. I know there's a lot of you guys out there and I know you've been gettin the shaft lately (or so I hear) from certain people in control.

I know PPIR is hella far from everyone, but we need a solid anchor to bring this club back to life. I have been working with my boss to get weekly or every other weekly sessions going where anyone can come down, pay about 30 bucks and just have fun/learn/whatever. Open format, a few cones, not a full day deal. If you just wanna come down, drink beer and talk shit, that's cool too.

First though, we need to obviously restore communication between everyone again. I don't know what's up with the codrift.org site, but it's been off and on lately and I think there is a lack of motivation behind it.

So, ideas, opinions, rants? Anyone?

flashlight_garage
04-30-2009, 04:07 PM
codrift has been around for a good long time, i joined like back in summer 01 originally, and had like two other names due to forgetation of passwords, but anyway, its been around for a good minute, since some of us used to go try to push our cars off a certain mountain road...it should come back

ErocKs13
05-01-2009, 02:14 AM
i might be moving to the denver area with my coupe for college in the next few months. it would be nice meeting some of the locals if i do.

denvemolorado
05-01-2009, 09:37 AM
yea man, the more the merrier

should start our regular practice sessions pretty soon - come out and meet everyone and play around!

dub40sx
05-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey. You need to post more info about this or make a way so more people can figure out whats up with this.

I would come out and mob that shit weekly if it was solid.

Lemme know and im working on a forum for people in the midwest to just communicate on. Its not vehicle/motorsport specific. Its just cool shit in the midwest.

Ill update you on it when I work out some shit.

midnight zenki
07-10-2009, 08:01 PM
To the OP: thanks for posting, I know there were some events planned through CODrift.org but like you said since it died were fucked. RM240sx seems to be down as well so this forum should become the main avenue to open up communication again for the area.

Due to work I've never attened an event but like the appeal of the PPIR set up described in the first post.

yeti303
10-27-2010, 09:35 PM
yo i know this thread is mega old but events still going on out there i wana move there, supper motivated drifter !

denvemolorado
10-27-2010, 10:05 PM
yeti, there are still events going on in colorado. if you havent checked it out yet, go to hot mustard. thats currently the best place/forum for information. although the scene is still small, there are some great drivers and cool people. do you currently live in colorado? what do you drive?

yeti303
10-27-2010, 10:15 PM
yeti, there are still events going on in colorado. if you havent checked it out yet, go to hot mustard. thats currently the best place/forum for information. although the scene is still small, there are some great drivers and cool people. do you currently live in colorado? what do you drive?

thanks for the reply, currently live in cali. looking to move there in a few months supper motivated drifter wana go big, pro am few years, drive a s13 with sr

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/DMAXS13/-27.jpg
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/DMAXS13/003-1.jpg

20 til 3
10-27-2010, 10:53 PM
i'm currently looking to move out to denver actually... and have joined hotmustard (i'm on hottubparty also) and will be looking after the winter i guess, i should be out there in feb-march time

you work at pikes peak?... wtf man there has to be a few good corners you could make into a good run spot

denvemolorado
10-28-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm glad to see people moving TO Colorado, it's a great place. I don't work at PPIR anymore, moved to Texas (mistakes 1 & 2, haha), but moving back home just after christmas. PPIR was fun, except for huge cracks in the asphalt, it was pretty nice. Look forward to meeting you guys.

yeti303
10-28-2010, 06:04 PM
yeah il keep u posted on when i can get out there, let me know if there are any drift event oppurtunitys opening up

perfectshow21
10-29-2010, 02:26 AM
Hey guys I live in Fort Collins CO, and I have a 91 hatch with a sr red top When you guys move out here hit me up me up. I haven't done much with my car but looking to start up.

yeti303
10-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Hey guys I live in Fort Collins CO, and I have a 91 hatch with a sr red top When you guys move out here hit me up me up. I haven't done much with my car but looking to start up.

dude no way my friend lives in fort collins i may move around that area, i could finally reg. my car on the street again :)

perfectshow21
10-29-2010, 04:30 PM
wow thats awesome man. dose your friend have a 240 or?

yeti303
10-30-2010, 10:42 PM
wow thats awesome man. dose your friend have a 240 or?

no shes a girl lol but i fly out there often to visit her so im kinda familar with the area

perfectshow21
11-01-2010, 01:00 AM
oh well that sucks. wen you come up you should give me a call or text I will pm you my # maybe we can all hang out I don't have that much friends up here yet lol

yeti303
11-02-2010, 05:57 PM
i porbbly wont be up there anytime soon casue im doing motor upgrade and dont have much money right now

thatdrifterguy
11-04-2010, 08:03 PM
yes! make drifting more active here! i just moved to denver in october and was itching to drift at driftoberfest!!!!!! hopefully i can ship my car over! i cant wait to join everyone!
DsJXuJ-iQ3Y

Kouki_monstr
11-04-2010, 08:56 PM
yea colorado was pretty dead when i lived there...But at the time i had my STi so i would just cruise the mountains.

yeti303
11-06-2010, 06:54 PM
yes! make drifting more active here! i just moved to denver in october and was itching to drift at driftoberfest!!!!!! hopefully i can ship my car over! i cant wait to join everyone!
DsJXuJ-iQ3Y

cool video when i move out there i wana go to every event and make new events and make the sport grow

revcyanide
11-18-2010, 09:38 AM
I'll be moving out to CO here in jan/feb

being stationed @ the air force academy in co springs. I used to live on the army base there and i absolutly love colorado, super excited to move there.

My girls parents own a gorgous house in tulliride (sp?) so im up there a lot as well snowboarding.

I've owned a hatch, and a 5 speed vert. moving onto s14's picking one up this weekend that ill be bringing with me, looking to SR swap it as soon as i get a daily, probally a subbie.

ill definitly join hot mustard.
also what are good shops in the general area any at all?

yeti303
11-18-2010, 08:18 PM
I'll be moving out to CO here in jan/feb

being stationed @ the air force academy in co springs. I used to live on the army base there and i absolutly love colorado, super excited to move there.

My girls parents own a gorgous house in tulliride (sp?) so im up there a lot as well snowboarding.

I've owned a hatch, and a 5 speed vert. moving onto s14's picking one up this weekend that ill be bringing with me, looking to SR swap it as soon as i get a daily, probally a subbie.

ill definitly join hot mustard.
also what are good shops in the general area any at all?

thats sick cant wait to take my smoke monster up there and drive with all the locals and bring the community together
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/DMAXS13/IMG_2380.jpg

saleaf
11-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Damn i grew up in CO near Fountain. I miss it. Stupid California.... Good luck getting things going. If i were still there i would be down.

yeti303
11-19-2010, 07:43 PM
Damn i grew up in CO near Fountain. I miss it. Stupid California.... Good luck getting things going. If i were still there i would be down.

thanks for your support !

Shitty_S14
11-19-2010, 07:51 PM
thanks for the reply, currently live in cali. looking to move there in a few months supper motivated drifter wana go big, pro am few years, drive a s13 with sr

http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/DMAXS13/-27.jpg
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab41/DMAXS13/003-1.jpg

you and B1 will be drift car twins.... i moved out to san diego from CO.. never did any events in CO.. and cant wait to go back home to do some

revcyanide
01-17-2011, 02:30 PM
edit nvm found hot mustard, anyway im waiting on a security plus certifaction to get out there >.<
buying a frontier to tow my 240 though so I can mmake it to any event w/o having to worry about it breaking down on the wya there/back XD

Z_Spool
02-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Let me know when you make it man, Hoping to have my S13 home soon.

nissansrdub
03-02-2011, 12:06 PM
let me know too!!! ill be moving out there with my 92 hatch. ill kick it, thanks guys. im joe by the way

revcyanide
03-07-2011, 03:54 PM
Let me know when you make it man, Hoping to have my S13 home soon.
haven't checked this thread, im out here now. as of the 8th.
registered on hotmustard and conoc

redds14guy
06-08-2011, 01:47 AM
dont know much about colorado except that im moving there within the next 2 weeks with my zenki so im excited to see what the CO has to offer with the drift scene

Z_Spool
06-08-2011, 02:11 AM
Cool, where in the 909 you from? Where in CO you moving and what for?

I'm originally from Orange County, but live in Denver now. Definitely check out hotmustard.org for the local drift scene. Also try to keep July 3rd open to come hang out at Pike Peak Intl. Raceway in Fountain, CO and check out some CO drifting in person. It's a much smaller scene than in CA, but with time and exposure of the sport I'm sure it'll continue to progress into something much bigger and better.

redds14guy
06-08-2011, 02:49 AM
I'm from Pomona then i lived in Brea for a little bit and now im about to move out to Aurora, Co to live with my aunt for a while mainly so i can getta change of scene and see what else is out there. I'll fursure check out hotmustard and mos def see whats goin down at Pike Peak Raceway. Thanks for the hospitality

ship2236
06-26-2011, 01:10 AM
I'm from Cali on my way to move to golden outside of Denver as I type this. Really bummed about this move and even more bummed about what I saw as far as the car scene when I visited. Does it exist at all? Am I gonna be an outcast with my slammed coupes? Does anyone slide? Lol. Hmu... Also in need of a t28 or bigger....lmk

S13.75DET
07-23-2011, 11:46 AM
I just got my s13.4 coupe out to the mtns. Looking to get my car on the track once i finish the build. If you guys ever want to do a mtn tour lemme know, i know of some sick roads to slide around on up here. def want to come down and check out pikes sometime, just too busy working these days. hopefully this thread doesn't die out..

cesar8085
08-04-2011, 11:24 AM
I just bought a s14 and would like to meet some people with 240's i don't really see any at all. I live by i70 & chambers important about to Do a sr20 swap or Rb25 and would like to meet someone to help me on wiring. ..I can pay. ..Thanks

revcyanide
08-04-2011, 12:36 PM
check out www.hotmustard.org (http://www.hotmustard.org)
wordd of warning, don't be an idiot.
the people there are awesome but you will need to have a tough skin, take nothign seriously and dont be a jackass.

also www.conoc.com (http://www.conoc.com) but thats mostly car meets/some autox, and its alright but a little unfrequented and boring for my taste TBH. a little too PG.

anyway, you are comin in at the tail end of the drift season but a few more AWESOME events going on, this one included

shamless self plug, im on this flyer haha.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/223694_260559340625563_100000144975547_1192256_603 2659_n.jpg

Adio
08-04-2011, 12:44 PM
I just bought a s14 and would like to meet some people with 240's i don't really see any at all. I live by i70 & chambers important about to Do a sr20 swap or Rb25 and would like to meet someone to help me on wiring. ..I can pay. ..Thanks
Im in Aurora hit me up on the pm

also www.conoc.com (http://www.conoc.com) but thats mostly car meets/some autox, and its alright but a little unfrequented and boring for my taste TBH. a little too PG.

Please delete this, lolz

FinkenS14
08-06-2011, 02:46 PM
The Colorado scene is huge.

FinkenS14
08-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Watch the vids gives u a pretty good idea of what we got to offer. HighAltitudeVideos.com (http://www.highaltitudevideos.com/)

jdo180
08-17-2011, 11:10 PM
hello all
been In CO for about 2years
but just now getting my 180 together

would love to get up with some other nissan guys/girls
hit me up if u got time

canyon run anyone ????

Z_Spool
09-06-2011, 01:04 AM
The Colorado scene is huge.

don't lie to the kids, it's far from huge. :P

joeapple8
09-26-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd love to move back to Colorado, but so many things about Denver and Colorado springs make me not want to go back. The absolute fact that they don't have any Jack In The Box or In and Out burger makes me want to stay in California, I'm thinking about moving as of now but I'd like to see how the scene is over there before I pack up and drive my 240sx there, the crime rate in Colorado Springs is much higher than where I am from also steers me away from coming back. :(

revcyanide
09-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Don't live by Fort Carson, and you will never see any crime.
That is where the "ghetto" is. Where i live i never worry about any sort of crime.

Also, I am from AZ, i LOVE jack in the box and in n out.

We have culvers. culvers fucking destroys them both.

joeapple8
09-26-2011, 02:58 PM
I also hate the fact I would have to drive 30-50 mins for some decent Pho... but any ways the scene doesn't look half bad, really considering it since rent is going to be 3/4 cheaper than what I pay here, I'm going to start looking at jobs they offer in the Springs and Boulder area.

Another thing, I'm an Asian coming out of the bay area, I don't think

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bikini-xpresso-colorado-springs

Will cut it for me, some one please tell me there are some Vietnamese Cafes around? LOL

I need this stuff

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/09/topless-baristas_n_956098.html

revcyanide
09-26-2011, 03:12 PM
There is, none ive tried though.
nothing can compare to what ive had back in PHX.

HOWEVER
i can show you a BOMB place for Boba milk tea in the springs. it's actually inside a mall, but its legit and owned by an asian guy who barely speaks english.

theres a coffee shop downtown that has good boba too.

If you are a beer drinker, we have the best beer i've ever had here.

joeapple8
09-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Which mall? I don't think I will ever go back to the Citadel mall, when I was 16 I saw some one get stabbed right in front of me... Fuck that, even though I'm from Cali, that shit was intense...

revcyanide
09-26-2011, 03:18 PM
no, chapel hills mall. I never go to the citidel mall.

It's the one up near the academy.

Bing Bong
01-19-2012, 08:46 PM
there is some decent ones in the springs where i live but ya i just moved out here 6 months ago and im trying to find reasons to bring my car so is there is track days or meets can any one help me out

Z_Spool
01-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Really dude? did you need to post the same thing in 3 separate threads as well as starting your own? You're in springs, which sucks, but at least you won't have to drive far for the events at PPIR.

Check Hotmustard.org for local drift info, (NWS) Triple Crown Drift and Drift Colorado for upcoming events. Now get your car out here and stop whining.