PDA

View Full Version : Megan faulty test pipe??

Croan
04-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Ill try to make this short as poss. I have a blitz down pipe>Megan test pipe>BC spec II cat back. The exhaust fits. i saw it on another car. But when i installed it on to my car, the flange holes from the test pipe to the BC are off by about an inch. so to install it i had to rotate the BC to line up with the holes, bolt it down, an then hang it. But it only makes one hanger, has no N1 angle and rubs my diff. My Q is, could this result from mix of manufactures? What do u think caused this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bigsyke
04-28-2009, 12:57 PM
Rotated off by an inch? or seperated.

Usually the test pipe is the issue, I had to try 2 different types because the size of the flanges.

its your test pipe, check to see if the rear flange is clocked correctly.

georgesal
04-28-2009, 01:08 PM
you coupld have intalled it backwards

xs240
04-28-2009, 01:12 PM
Rotflmao, I had to come into this thread. Only Megan Racing, could screw up a testpipe. If anybody could :)

Croan
04-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Rotated off by an inch? or seperated.

Usually the test pipe is the issue, I had to try 2 different types because the size of the flanges.

its your test pipe, check to see if the rear flange is clocked correctly.

the test pipe hole and BC hole do not line up. is it possible to have it back words??? thanks for the help guys

smelly240
04-28-2009, 02:08 PM
YOU BOLTED IT IN BACKWARDS. LIKE REALLY YOU DID.

funny :D

Bigsyke
04-28-2009, 02:11 PM
or she has to rotate it 180*

Croan
04-28-2009, 02:37 PM
are u guys joking?

Enna
04-28-2009, 02:42 PM
They probably aren't. I've had bad experiences with their shit, hence why I don't buy it.

I half expected this to be a thread about it breaking welds or something...

Croan
04-28-2009, 02:53 PM
i just called Megan. They said it could be flipped or could not be. soooooooo i looked at pics of it and its identical when u flip it.....????????

Bigsyke
04-28-2009, 05:30 PM
umm, with the symtoms your discribing you should be able to flip it. I have the same pipe. Both flanges are clocked.

Why dont you get under the car and either flip it, or rotate it 180*

WERDdabuilder
04-28-2009, 11:51 PM
i just called Megan. They said it could be flipped or could not be. soooooooo i looked at pics of it and its identical when u flip it.....????????

go under, flip it/rotate and im sure it will fit.

norcal_black240
04-29-2009, 10:35 PM
My megan test pipe sucked, I had to chop off the flange and reweld it to make it fit properly.

memo92
04-29-2009, 11:19 PM
I bought a used Magan 2.5" TestPipe and It was hard to fit. I flipped it front to back and did the 180 twist and nada. I have stock headers/downpipe with a 2.5" RSR cat-back exhaust system. When I finally bolted it up to a good enough fit it totally shifted the RSR exhaust system high and against my car's hangers.
(I think I have the side of the testpipe with the magan badge facing up and is bolted towards the headers/engine end of the car.)

Right now I think the TestPipes welds may have broken. The reason is that when I roll down my window while driving I get heavy exhaust gases comming into my car's cabin. I am also getting a loud rattle from my exhaust system at high RPMs, so I think the Magan is broken.

I'm not in a hurry to check, though, because my car is pretty low.

Bottom line is that the Magan test pipe was not manufactured to the proper specs. You may have to have someone cut the flange and weld it like one of the fellows in a previous post stated.

L8er!

Somnambulist
04-30-2009, 12:41 AM
MR test pipe bolted up just fine on my S14... Of course I had the MR three inch downpipe and MR Drift Spec catback as well.

BlitzRPS13
04-30-2009, 12:54 AM
My MR test pipe fit perfect. Not saying i like any of megans products.. but this was the only really available option. But yea.. fits fine on my car and my gf's car.

memo92
04-30-2009, 01:02 AM
MR test pipe bolted up just fine on my S14... Of course I had the MR three inch downpipe and MR Drift Spec catback as well.

Your equipment is all MR, so it had to line-up.

My MR test pipe fit perfect. Not saying i like any of megans products.. but this was the only really available option. But yea.. fits fine on my car and my gf's car.

Are your 240s S13 or S14?
Or is there a difference?

Maybe mine was meant to go on an S14. IDK I bought it used. The guy I bought it from had an S13. The only thing he didn't like about it was that he said it made his car use-up more fuel.:confused:

If I replace my MP then I'll just try another brand's test pipe.

BlitzRPS13
04-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Your equipment is all MR, so it had to line-up.

Are your 240s S13 or S14?
Or is there a difference?

Maybe mine was meant to go on an S14. IDK I bought it used. The guy I bought it from had an S13. The only thing he didn't like about it was that he said it made his car use-up more fuel.:confused:

If I replace my MP then I'll just try another brand's test pipe.

My silvia and her 180sx.. not 240's.. but yea.. both s13's.. both worked fine.

Almedarj
04-30-2009, 10:24 PM
i've never had a problem with anything from megan maybe i'm just lucky but you should really get under your car an filp the test pipe and or rotate it 180 because i have a megan 3in test pipe and apexi n1 and it fits great and i've used my buddies bc spec 2 and didn't have an issue with it either