PDA

View Full Version : Ready to Go

A Dying Devotion
03-23-2003, 10:38 PM
Ok, well after about a month of debating to sell my car, part it out or keep it I decided to keep it. Considering I got it for so cheap and its in decent condition. But now I need to decide what to do. I have $1000 available. The engine is running pretty strong at 200k miles kinda smells though not sure what it is yet, also friend said when revved really high and when I shift white smoke is seen coming from the exhaust (coolant needs to be flushed, is this a leaky head gasket?). Thats pretty much it for the engine probs. The timing chain rattles too. Might have a leaky injector(unsure on this since the CEL came on for it then went away when I cleaned the engine bay). The AC is very confusing, I had to pull the fuse because the ac would turn on and off when driving and make a sound like a Blow off valve every 10sec it was very loud and sounded very bad. No idea what that could be.

Body:
Large dent in fender (need new one)
Need new rear quarter panel after rear ended
hood needs new paint
need new windshield
need new tint
need new weatherstripping
Needs new tires

Interior:
Need new seats
Need new dash
need new steering wheel
Need new shifter
Need new center console

I think that is everything that needs to be done. Is it really worth keeping or should I begin looking for my new car?

Tricky1980
03-23-2003, 11:10 PM
well, i see its an 89 right? ok from what i read I personally wouldnt keep it because it needs a lot of work and for one you only have a grand. i just rear ended someone in my 95 and they totaled it out because they thought a hood, bumper, and headlight were too much to fix on my 95, so its really not going to be worth a whole lot when u get done... but i did the same thing your thinking about.. i can replace all the parts i need for a little over 2k if i get aftermarket hood and bumper and such which is ok because i have only 55k miles on my 95 and the rest of the car is perfect.. i think its a bad investment for you however, its a 12 year old car or so. i think it could be spent better otherplace