PDA

View Full Version : smartest thing to do?

jdms-14
04-19-2009, 10:31 PM
I am currently running an s14 sr20de n/a, i want to go boosted soon so i have several questions:
-is it better to keep this engine and boost it?
-if i get a s14 sr20det motor, would it work with the na s14 tranny i got? or would i need tranny too?

thanks

98koukile
04-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Should be the same transmission, the sr and the ka share the same one, why would they have a seperate one for the n/a sr? If you're going to build the motor just use what you have, if you want to keep it stock block then you may want to upgrade depending on your goals

jdms-14
04-19-2009, 10:39 PM
i just want boost, its my daily so i dont think ima go over 300.. if i need to set a goal that would be 300 for sure

DDDsquad_s13panda
04-20-2009, 01:39 AM
i think a few have done this, im also in way to build a S13 N/A SR. im just using all DET stuff, no big upgrades, dont wanna be risking blowing this motor cuz its also my daily,

gl with yours man. i was told most boost you can run, depending on your build, is 9-10 PSI. And thats actually pushing it. but if you rebuild the engine, internals etc... you can probably run more.

But IMO, just see how you like it.

my set up so far:
T25 turbo
xs power exhaust manifold
370cc DET injectors/rails
stock DET intake mani.

by anychance you have any idea how your going to be running your oil lines? i was told a sandwich plate is the best and easiest to do, unless you have the time and skill to pull the motor out and drill the factory holes on the block.

poloy
04-20-2009, 09:53 AM
maybe its easier to get a DET swap and keep the n.a. engine for spare parts to your DET :)