PDA

View Full Version : 95' KA smoking once in a while

second_chanceS14
04-16-2009, 01:12 AM
So today i was driving my car and when it shift from 1st to 2nd it began throwing out grey smoke from the exhaust (alot, i couldn't see the car behind me) it even got inside through the hump for the tranny.This however didn't affect the performance or anything, car still pulled strong and screamed like a beast. It did that 4 times today, just wondering what it could be. The car is 1995 s14 stock KA, only mod is 3" Bee R exhaust. So far i have done the spark plugs, cables and distributor cap and rotor, got a new EGR valve, new fuel pump. I haven't done an oil change though but the oil still looks good.. any ideas??

devnull
04-16-2009, 02:19 AM
It could be bad valve stem seals, oil getting in the intake through the vent tube, or oil leaking from the valve cover onto the exhaust.

Addicted2Kouki
04-16-2009, 02:54 AM
You are burning oil.
You just gotta find out where its coming from.

could be from those listed above or even from the tranny spilling gear oil onto the exhaust.

second_chanceS14
04-16-2009, 06:48 PM
I checked the valve cover and it was clean, Also, today i was driving it and when entering the freeway and the car picking up speed it threw a bunch out, it happends when i floor it. I checked the RPMs and it tends to happen at 4000 rpms. When driving normally in the street the car doesnt smoke. I did however smell the smoke and it smelled like gas, the car started doing this the day after i pumped gas at ARCO, it had never done this before. Could it be that the gas is just crappy quality ???