PDA

View Full Version : SR20 Stalling

GTWCS14
04-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Ok...Just looking for some advice!

Car periodically will stall out upon coming to a stop. No heavy boosting or anything. Sometimes it will just drop to 500 rpms and level back out to about 900rpms. Other times it will stall out when slowing down (Intermitent).
This happends in different weather conditions (No rain).

Any put would most definitely be appreciated.

However, there may be other threads of the similar nature. I do prefer my own as it's something I can reference to.

Thanks! :)

240=180
04-15-2009, 11:14 PM
atmospheric bov?

z32twin
04-15-2009, 11:26 PM
mine does the same thing... I have an atmospheric bov is that y?

payne219
04-15-2009, 11:27 PM
My sr does this too.

Mine hasnt stalled out yet but when I come off throttle at a stop light ect the rpm drops well below 500 revs. At first I assumed the iacv was in need of cleaning so I pulled it apart and cleaned it. The cleaning helped the problems some but It didnt totally get rid of the almost stalling issue... Ive searched to find soultions and I cant seem to come up with anything that is closely related..

I have bolt on mods... FMIC, equal length manifold... boosting at about 10psi, on stock fuel system... (Redtop sr)

I know it would be a good idea to get a mild tune... would this help my situation any?

p.s sorry to whore your thread.... maybe someone can help the both of us =]

GTWCS14
04-15-2009, 11:32 PM
My sr does this too.

Mine hasnt stalled out yet but when I come off throttle at a stop light ect the rpm drops well below 500 revs. At first I assumed the iacv was in need of cleaning so I pulled it apart and cleaned it. The cleaning helped the problems some but It didnt totally get rid of the almost stalling issue... Ive searched to find soultions and I cant seem to come up with anything that is closely related..

I have bolt on mods... FMIC, equal length manifold... boosting at about 10psi, on stock fuel system... (Redtop sr)

I know it would be a good idea to get a mild tune... would this help my situation any?

p.s sorry to whore your thread.... maybe someone can help the both of us =]

HAHAHA this didn't take to long to get started.

Payne don't worry about it...that's why I made the post!

I'm going to be installing my Power FC with Z32 MAF! I don't know if this will help cure my issue.

I'm using a HKS SSQV.

Note: This recently just started, if it was bov related it would of been something right from the get go.

harangatang
04-15-2009, 11:38 PM
I am pretty sure its from venting the bov to atmosphere.
Mine does the same thing lol (redtop sr & hks ssqv)
only actually died a few times from it... no biggie. Also, mines done that since its been running for about a year and a half so,,
And the pfc will fix it, so no worries! ;)

payne219
04-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Mine never dies it just bogss hard core... then levels out to normal.. purrin at 900 steady... Ive got an old school blitz BOV so that must be it....
so basically its creating a vaccum leak for just a second off idle which makes it bog out.
it annoys the shit outta me

harangatang
04-15-2009, 11:48 PM
The maf and ecu dont know how to handle it because the bov is recir. stock. Its air escaping from the system unregistered. Thats why the idle bounces up and down.

GTWCS14
04-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Mine never dies it just bogss hard core... then levels out to normal.. purrin at 900 steady... Ive got an old school blitz BOV so that must be it....
so basically its creating a vaccum leak for just a second off idle which makes it bog out.
it annoys the shit outta me

hehe yup...just weird that mine one day decides that it's the way it wants to act.

payne219
04-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Yea mines been doing it ever since i did my swap... so basically ditch the recir, problem solved?

GTWCS14
04-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Yea mines been doing it ever since i did my swap... so basically ditch the recir, problem solved?

I think yours could be solved with the recircualtion. I think possibly are issues are different. I would recirc and see what happeneds!

240=180
04-16-2009, 12:00 AM
recirc or run no bov

payne219
04-16-2009, 12:06 AM
goodcall recir is badass... Boost builds quicker, but im pretty sure I had a bogging issue when I was on the stock internal wastegate?

Im gonna have to experiment with this and see.

GTWCS14
04-16-2009, 12:09 AM
Update on what happends man :)

Sleepy240
04-16-2009, 04:39 AM
Boost builds quicker

No no no

Also this topic has been covered about a trillion and one times. The problem IS your bov. Either recirculate it or man up and don't run one.

godsmack
04-16-2009, 01:20 PM
For some odd reasn my car runs fine with my bov not recirced????? But i did have the same problem so that's what i thought it was and said fuck it and cleaned my iacv and checked all my connections and turned out my 02 sensor wasn't connected properly and then problem solved. By the way i'm running a s14 sr20det with stock ecu and no tune.

GSXRJJordan
04-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Check your PCV and one-way-check valve (inline with brake booster) - I run a Sard R2D2 that vents a lot of air, and my car used to have trouble coming down to idle, until I replaced the PCV and the one way check valve.

Now it dumps like a fucking champ and idles perfectly.

Naturally if you have any vacuum leaks your car will run like crap. And venting to atmo will give you a backfire sometimes after it dumps...

... but what's with these people that think atmo bov's are the devil?

Sleepy240
04-16-2009, 01:39 PM
... but what's with these people that think atmo bov's are the devil?

99% of the time that there is some problem with the car stalling when coming down from load it ends up being the atmospheric BOV as the culprit. I don't care what kind of BOV you run Atmospheric or Recirc'd, I just get tired of seeing the same thread every week...

If it was me I would junk your BOV all together, man up and stop running one :ghey:

drftmark
04-16-2009, 01:47 PM
HAHAHA this didn't take to long to get started.

Payne don't worry about it...that's why I made the post!

I'm going to be installing my Power FC with Z32 MAF! I don't know if this will help cure my issue.

I'm using a HKS SSQV.

Note: This recently just started, if it was bov related it would of been something right from the get go.

If you got the MAP based power fc it would definitely help.

GSXRJJordan
04-16-2009, 04:49 PM
99% of the time that there is some problem with the car stalling when coming down from load it ends up being the atmospheric BOV as the culprit. I don't care what kind of BOV you run Atmospheric or Recirc'd, I just get tired of seeing the same thread every week...

If it was me I would junk your BOV all together, man up and stop running one :ghey:

I'm tired of seeing the same threads all the time too, but now that I've fixed the problem and found that it had little/nothing to do with the bov, I think that message needs to be shared.

If you got the MAP based power fc it would definitely help.

Sure it would, as would MAP-based AEM or Haltech. Doesn't mean you can't have it run right with stock ECU.

WISH ONE
04-16-2009, 05:11 PM
This is hella dumb, but check all your grounds, I bought an aftermarket grounding system and this problem went away mad quick.