PDA

View Full Version : problems with s14

theFlowMasta
03-19-2003, 10:31 PM
i got the car from my cuz, and it has a grip of lil problems, i fixed most of them and im confused with sum of them,

my climate controls for the fan only work at 4, full blast,everything else works but its like all or nothing.

my lil clock in the guage cluster is gone, my friend is an idiot, blew it out, i dont know how to fix it.

my timing chain on my ka24de squeals or make a loud chatter wenever i turn on my car, wondering how to use the tensioner on the chain and where is it located.

these lil thing would help me soo much, its started to bug me a lil more now.

thx all

Roly
03-20-2003, 04:50 AM
The A/C problem is a resistor problem... the resistor is located by te fan motor behind the glove box on the bottom. It's a $15 part from the dealer. Check for fuses, inside and under the hood, it's been awhile since I've looked but there might be a clock fuse, If not I have a base model cluster for $50 shipped. As far as the chain chatter, I have some on mines as well, and you'll get used to it soon enough. Chains make more engine noise than timing belts.

drifties151
03-20-2003, 01:41 PM
if i were u i would get the infamous timing chain rattle taken care of asap. That little rattle can turn into something way more serious later down the road, like wearing a hole in your waterpump housing (as happened in my case). Then you will have to spend over 300 dollars to get a "revised timing chain kit" from nissan + waterpump +t-stat and all that stuff. If you just want to get rid of the rattle, take out the upper timing chain guide. 2 bolts and no more rattle. do a search somebody posted about how to do it recently. ;)

theFlowMasta
03-21-2003, 07:36 PM
0o.....thx soo much, but i read up on sum of the tension on the timing chian, wat i dont understand is how to get to the tensioning screws. , and i cannot locate it, i keep looking but im looking under the upper radiator hose on the pasenger side of a s14 ka24de....

kk thx

stuntman240
03-22-2003, 08:54 AM
I too have a simalar clock problem, and it really bothers me as I love that clock. any other ideas? I checked all my fuses, that I know of. Would taking out the cluster allow me to find anything?